TKO 600 Parts List

92GreenGT

PEAT
Founding Member
Jul 18, 2002
Big Stone Gap, VA
Tranny is on it's way here so I'm wanting to make sure I have everything to install it correctly.

Parts list:
-Tremec TKO 600 Trans
-Tremec Aluminum Bellhousing
-Promotion 26spline Clutch
-Steeda Tri-ax handle & Shift Knob(lol)
-MM Quadrant & Firewall Adjuster
-3 Quarts of Syncromesh

That's what I have so far. Here is my questions about the parts I'm missing:
1. Will the stock clutch fork work?
2. I need a 31 spline yoke for my DS, can I buy the 31 spline Aluminum DS that Ford Racing sells? If not, can I just buy this yoke: (Click Here )
3. I have the factory crossmember that came with my T5, what's the deal on using it with this tremec? I've read that you have to "grind tabs off so it'll slide" or something. Anyone got any pics or a better explanation?
4. Should I buy a poly trans mount or use the one from my T5?
5. Where can I buy a 26 spline clutch alignment tool?
6. Do I have to check the bellhousing for alignment?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

stock clutch fork will work. crossmember will work. (for me no grinding) and the clutch disk should have came with a tool. if not im sure any local trans shop would have one. if not just center it up by eye the best you can.

Call the guy at promotion and tell him your setup, you may need an extended clutch fork or a washer to change the depth of the pivot ball.
While you are at it, promotion sells a stops plate (like $80) for the shifter, there is stops internally in the trans but supposidly they brake off and then you grind them up inside the trans.

The first time i had the promotion clutch in my car i was certainly NOT in love with it.
I told him my issues and thats when i got the info on the fork and washer.
My car still is apart so i'm not sure if it will really help or not.

Local parts store will have an alignment tool, some are just smooth wooden dowels.. Promotion can sell u on cheap.

Modifing your stock Crossmember is wasy, you'll grind the spot welds off and slide it back.

Don't put that alum bell on your car, upgrade to a Quicktime SFI bell your car makes too much power to take that chance. I've seen flywheels come up through the dash!

Dave the alst 3 TKO600's I purchased don't require the Syncromesh, I want to say ATF 4 off the top of my head but I truly don't recall.

Always check Bell alignment