TKO 600 Trans help

• Sponsors (?)

you buy just the trans? or a kit? pretty sure you need a new crossmember, yolk, different clutch disc (diff spline) and clutch fork. theres a 10 spline clutch and a 26 spline clutch. for some reason i cant remember which is what. someone here will know but i know you cant just throw a tko600 in with stock stuff.

The TKO is a 26 spline. The trans is mounted different it has a swept back crossmember as the mount is farther back on my 92. I think my drive shaft was shortned too, I dont know for sure as I bought the car with the TKO installed.

Scott

You'll need a new bell housing, 26 spline clutch, 31 spline yoke. You can modify the stock cross member to make it work. Im not sure if the stock clutch fork will work.

Ok so I talked to the guy I am buying it from. It was used for 200 miles. It comes with the trans, shifter, bell housing, shift fork, Aluminum driveshaft with correct output shaft for the transmission, a shaft safety loop, and a spec stage 3 clutch and aluminum flywheel. Now is 2k too much for this kit or is this a good deal.

its not the best deal i have ever heard but its about a grand less than new.

make sure its not a road race tko600 with a .82 5th gear. I have one and im not happy.