To Isolate? Or Not?

Adams91LX

Dec 9, 2003
Plano, TX
Do I need isolators? I'm probably picking up a set of Steeda Sport's for my 91 Notch. Stock suspension, running 16x8 cobra r's and 245/50-16's on all 4 corners...

How do you think they'll look... and do you think there's a better set of springs for the price?

I get no track time... minus a couple auto x's a year... so these will be mostly aimed at driveability and looks...

current pic:
View attachment 261007
well not that current.. .i have the fender spat... and new taillights...

• Sponsors (?)

Most psychologists agree that isolation is a bad thing.

:D

That being said, I'd put 'em on for the sake of avoiding any unnecessary squeaks and such. After all, you can always take them back out if you don't like the way it sits. :shrug:

Heres mine with Steeda Sports with ploy isolators.American Racing Rebels 17x9.....Fronts are 235/45/17 and rears are 275/40/17.Ride quality is decent but can be rough depending on roads.Roads a round here suck azz.
22834760024_large.jpg

Front center caps fit now btw.:D
22834760028_large.jpg

[EDIT] Crap, didnt see yours were 16x8.:doh:

I was all set to go with Steeda Sports for my daily but I'm worried they will be too harsh. The B-springs are a good option but I have a set that I took off of my '90 because the rake was ridiculous. I've seen other B-spring set-ups that sit more level but they could be running without rear isolators (something I'm not interested in doing). There could be other factors as well but that was my experience with them. For now I've settled on the Eibach Pro Kit. Same rate as the B-springs but with a more balanced stance.

Spring Rates

:stupid:
got mine on jegs or sumit
I have the steeda's and it did not have the isolators on it at first, then I put them on. I would recomend them, for the sole reason that they quite the ride down alot. I wouldn't want these springs on my DD