to mach or not to mach?

Modular2v said:
edcar...is there a huge pull difference between the gt and the mach 1?....i already have 4.10s, moser axels and an eaton diff laying in my room for it....would those do it alot of good?

hell yeah...i put the 4.10's in my mach and boy did they make a difference..the car just pulls u back i your seat...and your gonna need the axles espeically once u start planting all that power to the ground...controls arms would be a big plus also...

• Sponsors (?)

yeah watch out with super low prices, they will get thier $$$ one way or another. One thing that is common is playing with the financing. Say your credit qualifies you for like 4% financing. The dealer will say the best he can get is 6%, THEN HE KEEPS THE extra 2% and the bank gets the 4%.

Also, I would sell your old GT independently of the dealership, they will not give you what it is really worth.

thanks for the opinions guys....i have know this car dealer for 10 years and my whole family has bought a total of 2X cars from him in out lives....he is really good about not screwing us over...oh and im doing the financing through my dad who is an insurance agent...i qualifyed for 3.9% financing so im thinking that i might pay 60 instead of 48 months! I will proably get the car tuesday (IF IT IS WORTH IT) It is going to have to really impress me like the cobra did

Modular2v said:
It's a 5 speed and it's 23k is before rebate and trade in!!!

edcar01gt said:
id take it..sticker on them is about 31,800..before any rebates...for 23.4k that's a bargain...be crazy not to take that deal...

:eek: 23,400 before rebate! :nice: HELL YES GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!! :nice:

Yes there is a huge difference between the GT and the MACH1. Thier not as fast as the S/C Cobra but close. MACH1's have the same engine as the N/A pre '03 Snakes.

And YES, all those goodies you have in your room will make that MACH FLY!

I was looking at a Yellow 5spd. '03 MACH here in Michigan and it stickered at $29,675. That's with the interior upgrade package, the only other option available besides an auto tranny. Ford is only offering a $4,000 rebate which brings it down to 25,675+tax,title&reg. IF you can get it for 23,400-a rebate on top of that, Hell yeah GET IT!

GT JAY said:
:eek: 23,400 before rebate! :nice: HELL YES GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!! :nice:

Yes there is a huge difference between the GT and the MACH1. Thier not as fast as the S/C Cobra but close. MACH1's have the same engine as the N/A pre '03 Snakes.

And YES, all those goodies you have in your room will make that MACH FLY!

I was looking at a Yellow 5spd. '03 MACH here in Michigan and it stickered at $29,675. That's with the interior upgrade package, the only other option available besides an auto tranny. Ford is only offering a $4,000 rebate which brings it down to 25,675+tax,title&reg. IF you can get it for 23,400-a rebate on top of that, Hell yeah GET IT!

I know this has been discussed many times, but the Mach isn't a pre 03 Cobra motor.. The cams and heads are different on the Mach..

If you buy the Mach you will love it! I have an 03 Mach and I love it! You basically get the cobra underpinnings (Brakes, etc.) for 8 to 10 grand less. Plus you get a solid axle if you like to drag race the car. The Cobra is a great car, but if you want something that is close in performance at a budget price, then the Mach is the way to go! Plus the shaker is way cool, and my Mach gets me 28 mpg on the highway at 70 mph!

modular 2v....buy the Mach!! owning a Mach and having a bunch of friends with GT's and cobras etc...i've had the opportunity to drive a lot of 'stangs...and nothing is like a Mach!!!

I romped on an '03 GT and all I kept thinking was, where is my power??? The mach just pulls and pulls...even with 3.55's you'll be happier...with 4.10's...don't forget about adding the 31 spline mosers...

as far as water...the the way the shaker inlet tube is positioned...if any water does make it into the shaker it will go down the tube and get the filter a little wet...but nothing major...i've driven throuugh a lot of rain storms with no problem concerning water...

and lastly...you're getting a good deal on the car...I'd take it in a heartbeat!!!

This seems to be a thread that keeps popping up....should I buy a Mach? I had an 02 GT that I traded in on for the Mach. I know what the GT feels like stock, and the Mach is a lot stronger out of the box. Now after the mods I've done, I know there not much, this car hauls a$$. I think it can use 4:10's or 4:30's to get it off the line a little faster, but it's a very well built car from the factory. I would say go for it!!!

I just looked it up, the KBB value is worth more then I paid for my car new. Haha, BTW the car is awesome. Pulls from a stop like my GT with 4.10s but has a ton more midrange and topend power then my GT ever did with some decent mods.

well guys my 03 mach was sold before i could get to it so i think im getting an 04! they want 25,500 for the 04, it is torch red and my payments will be 387$ a month for 60 months at 4.9% intrest. Should i jump on it? Oh by the way it is the last mach available in the state and it is 200 miles away...so if i got it i would have a nice break in drive home!

Modular2v said:
well guys my 03 mach was sold before i could get to it so i think im getting an 04! they want 25,500 for the 04, it is torch red and my payments will be 387$ a month for 60 months at 4.9% intrest. Should i jump on it? Oh by the way it is the last mach available in the state and it is 200 miles away...so if i got it i would have a nice break in drive home!

Sorry to hear that the '03 is gone. :nonono: To answer your ?, Yes I'd go for the 04. :nice: That's a hell of a price. If you feel like taking a road trip to Mi. there are plenty of '04 Mach's left here. Also I know of 1 '03 Yellow 5spd. at my dealership. Russ Milne Ford.

Here's the details on it www.russmilneford.net/pages/present...ailsnew.asp?orgid=2454&vin=1FAFP42R73F444623#

Personally, at this point I'd wait for the new Mustang if I were you, maybe an '06 and see if they freshin the design up some or see what the special editions have to offer.