To Say It Rides Like A Brick Is.......

FoxMustangLvr

I love my Pimp
SN Certified Technician
Oct 14, 2012
Spokane, Wa
............an understatement.

I was thinking about transferring over my eibach pro kit front suspension from my notch to my hatch but I'm really wanting a better ride than that so I want to go coil over. Right now my suspension is stock up front and we have some bumpy roads where I live and my car rides like crap. I have emailed back and forth with Jack Hidley and he says I can fit the COP-1 coil over kit with their Bilsteins up front with my 03' Cobra reps without wheel spacers. He is suggesting a 12" spring with 175lb rate for superior ride comfort being priority #1.

Is this kit a big enough improvement over Eibach pro's with decent struts to justify a $825+ expense??
COP-1 kit is $375
Bilsteins are $225 each
So $825 total plus shipping....

Your thoughts and opinions please. This is just a full weight street driven car with the occasional romp on the skinny pedal.

• Sponsors (?)

I don't have coilovers yet... I have eibach sportline with koni orange str.t shocks and i love my konis. MM makes a coilover kit for those konis in lieu of the bilstiens, and I'm glad... Because the konis are half the cost. I know bilstiens are good, but the konis don't suck!

My car use to be that way and then I switched to Strange 10 ways and never looked back. I can make super soft and hard as a brick. I run progressive springs in the rear and four cylinders up in the front.

Reactions: 1 user
IMG_2873.JPG

14-150. This was on the '85, but the same K member and coilovers are on the '90 right now.

Last edited:
I'm going with the koni sleeves for my coil overs. Im not knocking bilstiens as they have been great on every vehicle I've had them on I just don't like the idea of only being able to use bilstien struts.

MM says theirs will fit my car but UPR says theirs won't (with my wheels). I wonder if MM have a smaller spring diameter?
mm usually does a shorter, higher-rate spring more suited to road racing. most of the others (teamz, upr, wolfe, racecraft etc) are usually setup for drag racing with a taller, lower-rate spring. those taller springs typically put the adjuster right in the middle of the sidewall, which can be a problem with a 9" or so wheel even with a too-small 245-wide tire. the shorter road-race springs will have the adjust end up a bit higher on the strut, giving a bit more room.

or at least so says the research i was doing a couple months ago.

Reactions: 2 users
I went with 150# mm coilovers with strange 10 ways. I have the struts set right in the middle and waaay better than the eibach pro kit it replaced. Money well spent IMO. Quality components and they make very little noise. I haven't turned them to full loose(drag) or tightened them down either. I had one hard braking incident and the front end barely dove down(slightly more than stock is my guess). Car handles worse if you plan on throwing it into turns with that soft of a spring but if I stiffened the struts I think it would be fine. (I don't get much entertainment out of the twisties)

I went with 150# mm coilovers with strange 10 ways. I have the struts set right in the middle and waaay better than the eibach pro kit it replaced. Money well spent IMO. Quality components and they make very little noise. I haven't turned them to full loose(drag) or tightened them down either. I had one hard braking incident and the front end barely dove down(slightly more than stock is my guess). Car handles worse if you plan on throwing it into turns with that soft of a spring but if I stiffened the struts I think it would be fine. (I don't get much entertainment out of the twisties)
I just did a search on the strange 10 ways and I hear the struts clunk a lot (or used to 2+ years ago).