Toe board fit-up 67 coupe

Any one have trouble with the toe board fitup on their 67?
My spectra toe board doesn't come close to lining up with the top of the toeboard where it meets the firewall.

Is there a better fitting pan. I'll post some pics tomorrow

• Sponsors (?)

I just replaced mine in a 67 Fastback and it was a nightmare. I actually had to purchase another one for the driver side since I screwed up the first on so bad. They try to make these for multiple models and applications and they take a fair amount of modifications to fit them together. Mine was from Dallas Mustang. I am curious as well if others have had the same issues?

Exactly right- Don't expect a part made for 65-73 to fit any particular year well. There was originally actually no such part as a "toe board", anyway, it's just the lower part of the firewall. Don't use the whole thing, just because you have it, you can put the weld anywhere, Typically you don't use the top few inches, which makes it a lot easier to fit, since you are down in the flat area.

Typically you don't use the top few inches, which makes it a lot easier to fit, since you are down in the flat area.

I had to trim up high on the drivers side, upper left and it is terrible. The right side I didn't have to go as high and I can probably work around it although the area near the steering column is going to be a challenge.

See the video
Mustang floor pans :: 100_2911.mp4 video by nymorey - Photobucket
The passenger side seems to fit well.

I was just wondering it there was a better fitting pan.