Roush Tonneau Cover option includes??? for $2,500????

sy1172

May 11, 2005
I think I got ripped off. The window sticker on my new 04 281 SC state tonneau cover.....(something like $2500).

What did that include? I got a fiberglass painted to match tonneau cover with a built in light bar, that's it. Saleen sells these for $499 on their website. What gives?

Thanks,

Vince
04 Saleen 281SC

• Sponsors (?)

What do you mean by built in light bar? Are you saying that the tonn and the bar are one piece? If so, your Saleen must be a SA-20. Either way don't be that upset. Take a look at some new F-series,stangs or whatever that the dealer added wheels and other aftermarket parts to. They mark the s*@$t up on those things. My biggest thing has always been a new car the upgraded aftermarket wheels and tires. The dealer marks it up $2600.00. Where are the orginal ones that I am paying for that are part of the cost of the vechicle?

HMSPORT said:
What do you mean by built in light bar? Are you saying that the tonn and the bar are one piece? If so, your Saleen must be a SA-20.

Actually, for the 04 year, all the speedster options had the same one piece tonneau cover that was on the SA20(built in light bar). Why they went to that is beyond me. One of our buddy's, Chuck, has an SA20 and he says that the light bar completely blocks the rear view mirror when it is on the car. Not very bright if you ask me. Just another blind spot!!!!

Robert is right. Between the lowered attached light bar and the E type wing on the SA-20, all you've got is a little "mail slot" to see in the rear mirror.

But you do get a nice grap handle for lifting up the tonneau cover.