Fox Too Much To Tackle Myself?

nelzfoxes

5 Year Member
Aug 20, 2013
I recently bought this 1993 mustang lx. All the numbers on the car match. The odometer shows 184,000+ miles. It runs surprisingly well. It grinds going into third. The real problem is the body. This car needs restoration. I am mechanically inclined and I am willing to try the bodywork myself. The car needs a floorpan, quarter panel work, and the strut towers are starting to go. I'm sure it will be worse once I dig in to it.

• Sponsors (?)

I guess my question is give it a go with the bodywork or try to make a couple hundred on it. I might've overpaid too. Heck! I'll just tell ya.. I dropped a little over 2g's.

Last edited:
We shall see. I want to finish the daddywagon first which is a fox ltd wagon with a 5.0, 5 speed, cobra brake, cobra irs swap. If I get that to a running and driving car then I will make a decision on the lx.

Reactions: 1 user
I'll eventually be replacing the floor pan on my blue car, within about two months. I'll try to document it as best as I can when going through it. I'll be replacing the seat cross brace as well.

Since your going to finish the wagon first maybe my timing will be good to help you out with yours.

Do you just need to replace a side or the whole thing?

I'll eventually be replacing the floor pan on my blue car, within about two months. I'll try to document it as best as I can when going through it. I'll be replacing the seat cross brace as well.

Since your going to finish the wagon first maybe my timing will be good to help you out with yours.

The timing will probably be perfect! I am thinking the whole thing. Not sure but the driver's side is definitely rotted out. I will definitely be on the lookout especially considering your status on here.

Careful.. You will make him but a Pretentious Hat :D
Chris, he didn't actually define what my status is here.....:zombie:

A painter has no status, even if I were considered to be a good painter, what does that make me? A painter.....

Besides, I have a t-top, not a cabriolet. :chin

Maybe just a feather though.:shrug:

Last edited:

Are tou gonna buy the lmr floorpan? Because that's the one I plan on. The other option is find a cheap 93 roller and pull what I need off of that.

Royal Blue is pretty rare so it would be worth it in the long run to do the body work in my opinion. Unless your trying to flip for a profit or something like that then of course your not going to get your moneys worth out of it anytime soon.

Are you limited only to rust buckets due to your location or are there cleaner Foxbody's out there to be had in your area?
I have seen some decent ones around despite being in the northeast (Philadelphia, Pa. area). I would probably end up with a car that someone had aspirations of converting to v8 then reality sets in. Haha!

Royal Blue is pretty rare so it would be worth it in the long run to do the body work in my opinion. Unless your trying to flip for a profit or something like that then of course your not going to get your moneys worth out of it anytime soon.
Yeah. I saw the production numbers on Royal Blue. That's when I started looking at the door jamb sticker and the vin stickers all over the car. I looked at the buck tag up front, and I even look at rear gear ratio and it all appears to be original. It is a prime candidate for restoration, but it's a lot of work. I wouldn't be doing it for a profit. It would be nice to see a couple of them stay original. Or as original as possible.

Yeah. I saw the production numbers on Royal Blue. That's when I started looking at the door jamb sticker and the vin stickers all over the car. I looked at the buck tag up front, and I even look at rear gear ratio and it all appears to be original. It is a prime candidate for restoration, but it's a lot of work. I wouldn't be doing it for a profit. It would be nice to see a couple of them stay original. Or as original as possible.
Yeah, I'll probably go through LMR. I've bought so much stuff through them with almost zero problems.

I'll be doing a full pan for mine.
Whichever way I go I am definitely gonna follow your progress if and when you post it!