Took may car to the shop and they found a very strange issue...

NewMStang

Oct 5, 2004
So recently i installed an jlt cai, accufab throttle body, plenum and inturn got a check engine light. (here's a link to my old post: http://forums.stangnet.com/788777-check-engine-light-no-idea.html) The code thrown was po122, an issue with the throttle position sensor. I went ahead and swaped out the TPS two different times and when that didn't fix the problem I threw in the white flag and took my car to the mechanic. So i call today to find out what was wrong and he stated that it seemed that my TPS was in backwards, they way that the TPS is currently positioned in the car the car it's reading the voltage as 5.0 or as the mechanic said the car is basically at full throttle all the time. He said he tried the TPS on a different throttle body of some other ford that was a 4.6 and it seemed to work fine. Can someone please tell me if a TPS has to be mounted in a different way on a Accufab throttle body, or does anyone have a picture of the position of the TPS on a Accufab throttle body? The problem with flipping the TPS into the "correct position"/the other way is that there's a hose in the way. I've never heard of anyone having an issue like this or stating anything like this.

• Sponsors (?)

Read my post in your previous thread for installing the TPS. It has to be inserted onto the TB blade then rotated into place. May be why they are saying it is backwards. It is the only way I could get mine to work without throwing a code. As the other thread I linked for you states the TPS reading is taken at start-up and assumes idle. Once it is manipulated by the accelerator it reads the parameters from there.