took some vid ofmy h/c/i + vortech s trim fox

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds good!..Looks like it runs well too. I see you have a powerpipe, thats weird you're only seeing 7PSI with an S-Trim. All 302 H/C/I combos that I've seen and worked on with an S-Trim and powerpipe with the 3.33 pulley put out 9-11 PSI. What pulley are you running?

Sounds good!..Looks like it runs well too. I see you have a powerpipe, thats weird you're only seeing 7PSI with an S-Trim. All 302 H/C/I combos that I've seen and worked on with an S-Trim and powerpipe with the 3.33 pulley put out 9-11 PSI. What pulley are you running?

i was told that it was a 10 psi pulley. the other guy saw 9 psi but he had gt40 crate engine. i was told by my tuner that i have lower psi due to the tf heads flowing more. could you tell me an effective way to measure my pulley?

The pulley should be stamped.

Put a 2.95 upper or an 8" lower on that thing and let 'er rip....or both. :eek: :nice:

With the 2.95 i was seeing like 15.6 psi on the dyno(letting off about 5-600 rpm early because of some detonation) and with the belt slipping a little. I expect to see 16-18 psi when alls said and done(still not tuned for the Freeze yet).

shortthrow50 is your car tuned, reason i ask is the car looks to run and drive really smooth.
and definatly upgrade the ignition, i just upped the boost on my car to 10psi and its starting to break up in the upper rpms. i had to reduce my plug gap to .025 lol, seemed to help it a bit, but i am going to throw my ignition box back on.

sounds awesome.

The pulley should be stamped.

Put a 2.95 upper or an 8" lower on that thing and let 'er rip....or both. :eek: :nice:

With the 2.95 i was seeing like 15.6 psi on the dyno(letting off about 5-600 rpm early because of some detonation) and with the belt slipping a little. I expect to see 16-18 psi when alls said and done(still not tuned for the Freeze yet).
thanks for the info bro. ill check it out
shortthrow50 is your car tuned, reason i ask is the car looks to run and drive really smooth.
and definatly upgrade the ignition, i just upped the boost on my car to 10psi and its starting to break up in the upper rpms. i had to reduce my plug gap to .025 lol, seemed to help it a bit, but i am going to throw my ignition box back on.

sounds awesome.

yeah the car was dyno tuned.the tuner uses sniper tuning so its basically a custom chip. the car ddnt seemto break up on the dyno, but driving it is a different story. my car asit sits now,seems to break up between 3-4k rpms after its been good and warmed up. when i say break up, i mean that the car really feels like the hp and torque is flatline. I did what you did basically beforethi video on sunday, i went out to the garage and changed the gaps from .35 down to .30 as per what people on here told me to do being that i have stock ignition. in the video, after i turned around, i felt it break up a little again but not as bad so the gap did help. it has to be the damn ignition. i plan on getting a msd module and a 6al box as soon as i free up some cash. i the guy who tuned my car said that the turbo setup he just did on a fox was doing the same exact thing on stock ignition and as soon as he instaled the 6al box, he said the car went like a bat outa hell with no break up.

yeah i would say its ignition related, my car pulls like a mother and once it starts making some good boost (4500 or so) the car starts screaming... but it starts breaking up a bit up high around 5400, if i could get the breaking up gone it would probably run alot better and have more RPM of awesome power

by chance do you know what AFR your tuner targeted in your tune and what total timing your running at WOT?

car sounds awesome man good luck with it.

i was told that it was a 10 psi pulley. the other guy saw 9 psi but he had gt40 crate engine. i was told by my tuner that i have lower psi due to the tf heads flowing more. could you tell me an effective way to measure my pulley?

You could check and see if its stamped on there first. It would be on the backside of the pulley. If not then just take the old tape measure to it. Now the outside diameter of the pulley is not correct, its measured from the grooves where the belt rides. More than likely its the 3.33 pulley which is stock.

yeah i would say its ignition related, my car pulls like a mother and once it starts making some good boost (4500 or so) the car starts screaming... but it starts breaking up a bit up high around 5400, if i could get the breaking up gone it would probably run alot better and have more RPM of awesome power

by chance do you know what AFR your tuner targeted in your tune and what total timing your running at WOT?

car sounds awesome man good luck with it.
ill find out that info this week and shoot you a pm

You could check and see if its stamped on there first. It would be on the backside of the pulley. If not then just take the old tape measure to it. Now the outside diameter of the pulley is not correct, its measured from the grooves where the belt rides. More than likely its the 3.33 pulley which is stock.
thanks man, this is the info i was looking for

i watched your first vid (in sig) over and over again and i love how simple your car is. now it looks like a ton more fun. you take good in car videos also. most other ones arent that great.

hey thanks for the comments man. yeah i hate alot of in car videos i watch and try to learn from it. You should see how i rig the cam, i duck tape it to the back seat lol. thats why it moves around sometimes.