Tool Review Time

Olivethefet

Slap me as well as point and laugh
May 17, 2018
Enterprise AL
That's awesome and why I'm seriously interested in buys these. It's all 4 roller Jack's and the stand for $75 tax included. Not sure how much shipping is though. They appear to be hydraulic too.

• Sponsors(?)

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
polk county florida
Thats a really low price. The pair I have I bought long time ago. I go jacked a eldorado by the front wheels and spun it out 90* by myself. I was much younger then.
they will catch on any rock/chip or floor imperfection though.

• Informative
Reactions: Olivethefet

FastDriver

My dad had a bra
SN Certified Technician
Sep 5, 2001
Seaside, CA
These are the :poo: (specifically that brand & specifically that capacity of 2500 lbs/dolly):

1574139197864.png

I got some narrow ones for the front and extra wides for the rear. They're over-capacity for my car, and the casters are top-notch. I only use them on a flat concrete garage floor, but it will go over the cracks between concrete slabs. The reviews are awesome. Some say they work on the rougher style driveway concrete. They also say that the cheaper ones bend and can't handle 5k lbs cars, but these can. They do not have wheel locks. So, it's gonna roll if there's an incline. But, I do single handedly move the car around the garage when needed. It takes a little ass, and I'm a big guy, but I don't see how you're gonna push a 3200+ lbs car around on anything any easier without some sort of help. I greased up everything when I put the casters on, and I can push the car hard enough or wiggle it back and forth until the casters align, but I do recommend lining the casters up before you set the weight on if you can. They aren't cheap, but I don't believe in cheap tools other than maybe some hand stuff. I want stuff to last forever, and I believe these will.

I like those jack style ones, and would be a little interested in them, but they do take up more space.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaggedGT

74stang2togo

NERD!
Mod Dude
Mar 7, 2002
I do a lot of electrical repairs at work, usually as part of removing aftermarket stereo or alarm equipment.

Here's a look at a few of the items in my arsenal:

Most crimpers/strippers of this design tend to be straight-up garbage. I've had them from Harbor Freight, WalMart, and most of the parts stores, and they've all universally sucked. That changed recently, as I bought one of these cheapies at Harbor Freight to do a backup camera install on the girlfriend's Jeep, and other than the handle grips being completely awful, they weren't so bad. They didn't twist or bend or break like I'm used to out of cheaper crimp tools.

These are my daily go-to crimper/stripper/cutters for most jobs. While similar to the crappy design I'm sure we're all used to, they have comfortable and cushioned grips, a cutter that actually cuts, and is sturdy enough not to flex when crimping.

View: https://www.amazon.com/OTC-5950A-Crimpro-Angled-Service/dp/B00CDDBAQU/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=otc+5950a&qid=1576559696&sr=8-1

Sometimes I'm stuck working on a harness under a dash or behind a bumper and just don't have the kind of room I need for my Matco crimpers. That's when these little guys are a lifesaver. They're well built, compact, and have all the features you could want.

View: https://www.amazon.com/Tool-Aid-18960-Ratcheting-Terminal/dp/B006O1Y1FY/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?keywords=tool+aid+crimper&qid=1576559628&sprefix=tool+aid+cr&sr=8-6

These are the Cadillac or Lexus of wire crimpers. Ratcheting action, giant cushioned handles, interchangeable dies to let you crimp virtually any kind of wire, and even specialty dies are included with more available. If I'm doing a big wiring job (like Explorer inflatable seatbelt harnesses, custom audio work, or a whole harness install) this is the tool I turn to. It's especially handy when dealing with Delphi Weatherpack connectors, Ford crimp-n-solder barrel crimps, or Chrysler's bull:poo: foldover crimps for their TIPM repair recall on 300s and Chargers. It only does one thing (crimp), but it does it exceedingly well.

Last edited:

FastDriver

My dad had a bra
SN Certified Technician
Sep 5, 2001
Seaside, CA
I've got a set similar to the cadillac set, but it doesn't have extra dies. Might look into seeing if mine are replaceable. I also have a wire stripper that grabs and spreads the wire sleeves and that can be cool for exposing a wire without cutting it. It's tunable to the size of the wire through a twisting knob. I'm not home for the holidays, but I'll get a pic next time I remember too.

Olivethefet

May 17, 2018
Enterprise AL
I have a pair of NAPA wire crimpers that look just like the Matco ones. Very sturdy construction and they don't deflect when you try to crimp something. They work great and I've had them for over 20 years. The OTC 4 in 1 with the angled head looks like it would come in super handy from time to time. I might have to look into getting one.

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
www.stangnet.com
Stumbled across this and thought I would share. I haven't bought them, so no review, but for $75 it seems like a good deal.

These work very well if you have a practical use for them. We used larger versions of these as tire dollies to remove and replace aircraft tires.

With one of these jack under each of the car tires, you can easily push a car across a shop floor.

• Agree
Reactions: General karthief

KZGUNS

I can swing up to 11”
Jul 23, 2018
chardon, Ohio

Attachments

Last edited:

Olivethefet

May 17, 2018
Enterprise AL
That was my thought.

After considering that particular add though I don't trust it. It was one of those things that popped up in the book of faces and I'm afraid its a scam. Price is way to low. Actually I might just delete the post to keep someone from falling for it.

HotFox

10 Year Member
Jan 5, 2009
SE Michigan
Since it is the new year...let me give my review on my Kobalt 24v 1/4" impact, drill, sawzaw and flash light set. I later added the blower, weedwhip and a hedge trimmer all were bought at sale prices online.
The main reason for this set was to upgrade my aging 18v Dewalt drill, light and sawzaw. I also wanted to add a light duty impact for lug nuts, my dewalt drill was used as a impact once nuts were broke lose and was getting tired. Probably the next most popular piece I use regularly is the flashlight, there just so handy and the Kobalt is way brighter compared to the Dewalt.
This set was purchased in 2017 brand new off CL, at the time the 1/4" impact was the highest rated on the market at 150 ft lbs. The 3/8" impact uses the same body and is rated the same. I like the light weight of the 1/4", my only issue is I keep snapping off bits in high torque applications. I have been using the cheap Harbor Freight bits when they are on sale namely the 1/2" to 1/4". I have recently moved onto a higher quality bit. Battery life is decent on both the saw and impact, it's also very respectable on the blower and weed whip. The weed whip is very powerful and light, my mom in her 60's mostly uses it. The blower is fine for light jobs but nothing beats my Stihl 2 stroke.
I was recently looking at Milwaukee 18v Fuel kits for Christmas presents to upgrade my dads set. I did see there 1/4" impact was rated slightly higher at 164 ft lbs. I will look at doing a review on that set soon too.
Screenshot_20200101-162911_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200101-162941_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: RaggedGT

74stang2togo

NERD!
Mod Dude
Mar 7, 2002
The Old Stuff:

When I'm drug to the flea market, thrift stores, yard sales, etc by friends, family, or a girlfriend, I make a beeline for the tools.

These days you'll find a lot of Chinese crap, new and used, at the flea markets, but not always.

0210200802.jpg
0210200802a.jpg

An actual US-made Crescent-brand crescent wrench, a Williams crescent wrench, and US-made Crescent pliers, total spent: $9.25

That's Harbor Freight money for quality that's simply not made anymore. Keep your eyes open for deals guys, they're still out there.