! Why do you think I bought you, you dumb piece of !@# !#$% @#$% 13$#$%!@#$%!!!" It sucks to leave it on a battery for a few hours or overnight just to walk out and realize that it didn't make it more than a few minutes before it gave up, and you still have a dead, completely salvageable battery. Therefore, I'm going to avoid Outdoorsman, NAPA, and most unvouched-for Automatic chargers in the future.
I've had similar experiences with every "automatic" charger besides the ones I've used/owned from Midtronics, Associated, and Battery Tender. All of those will actually charge a battery that can be saved, but of those three manufacturers, only Battery Tender doesn't charge a fortune.Battery chargers.
I have had 5 different chargers, between the ones I've had and passed off to family that needed them. Years ago, I upped for a more than $100 Automatic smart battery charger:
![]()
Of all of the chargers I've ever had, this one has been the worst. 90+% of the time, within 20 mins it informs me: "Bad Bat" on the display and refuses to attempt a charge. I'm like, "No! Why do you think I bought you, you dumb piece of !@# !#$% @#$% 13$#$%!@#$%!!!" It sucks to leave it on a battery for a few hours or overnight just to walk out and realize that it didn't make it more than a few minutes before it gave up, and you still have a dead, completely salvageable battery. Therefore, I'm going to avoid Outdoorsman, NAPA, and most unvouched-for Automatic chargers in the future.
I tried to save a battery, last night, and before I hooked it up, I said if this thing says it's bad and then I save it, I'm done with this damn thing." Sure enough, that's exactly what happened. So, I'm tossing it. Actually, a mechanic buddy of mine asked if I'd give it to him. I will, but I think he's gonna regret it, lol. I'm not sure that POS has ever saved a single battery that was in trouble. I'm pretty sure the best it can do is help start a battery that's a little weak with its 125A starting charge, and top off a slightly weak battery in the perhaps 10.5V+ range.
So, I usually just slap on my old 1980's era 10A manual charger, and the battery lasts another couple years. It always works... Never complains... Just goes.
So, I've decided I don't want anything to do with lazy a$$ chargers that think they're smarter than me and refuse to do their job. I ordered one of these, which is similar to one that I gave to my mother years ago and has never failed her:
![]()
I'm purchasing it from here: http://www.explosivepowersports.com...8tGEtBxxg38-pY6PUhFgVtjs8vhA8I54aAv4YEALw_wcB
Also, I highly recommend one of these for recovery and long term storage:
Amazon product ASIN B00GODGN9EView: https://www.amazon.com/CTEK-56-959-CHARGE-Automatic-Charger/dp/B00GODGN9E/ref=pd_day0_hl_263_4/146-6758349-7093816?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00GODGN9E&pd_rd_r=588bd9f3-8424-11e9-89d0-b7902472ba38&pd_rd_w=Lt5q9&pd_rd_wg=9H9ti&pf_rd_p=ad07871c-e646-4161-82c7-5ed0d4c85b07&pf_rd_r=3SK13W04114SN4D751JZ&psc=1&refRID=3SK13W04114SN4D751JZ
![]()
Mine isn't exactly the same, but I think it's an older model of this charger. Only problem with this one is it won't charge if the battery is completely dead and it doesn't detect a current. You can just run another battery in parallel and charge both, or you can use a manual charger for 15-20 mins, let the surface charge wear off, and then hook this unit up. It has actually save batteries that trickle chargers did not.
I think between this and the Schumacher unit, I'll never have need of another 12v charger.
Battery chargers.
I have had 5 different chargers, between the ones I've had and passed off to family that needed them. Years ago, I upped for a more than $100 Automatic smart battery charger:
![]()
Of all of the chargers I've ever had, this one has been the worst. 90+% of the time, within 20 mins it informs me: "Bad Bat" on the display and refuses to attempt a charge. I'm like, "No! Why do you think I bought you, you dumb piece of !@# !#$% @#$% 13$#$%!@#$%!!!" It sucks to leave it on a battery for a few hours or overnight just to walk out and realize that it didn't make it more than a few minutes before it gave up, and you still have a dead, completely salvageable battery. Therefore, I'm going to avoid Outdoorsman, NAPA, and most unvouched-for Automatic chargers in the future.
I tried to save a battery, last night, and before I hooked it up, I said if this thing says it's bad and then I save it, I'm done with this damn thing." Sure enough, that's exactly what happened. So, I'm tossing it. Actually, a mechanic buddy of mine asked if I'd give it to him. I will, but I think he's gonna regret it, lol. I'm not sure that POS has ever saved a single battery that was in trouble. I'm pretty sure the best it can do is help start a battery that's a little weak with its 125A starting charge, and top off a slightly weak battery in the perhaps 10.5V+ range.
So, I usually just slap on my old 1980's era 10A manual charger, and the battery lasts another couple years. It always works... Never complains... Just goes.
So, I've decided I don't want anything to do with lazy a$$ chargers that think they're smarter than me and refuse to do their job. I ordered one of these, which is similar to one that I gave to my mother years ago and has never failed her:
![]()
I'm purchasing it from here: http://www.explosivepowersports.com...8tGEtBxxg38-pY6PUhFgVtjs8vhA8I54aAv4YEALw_wcB
Also, I highly recommend one of these for recovery and long term storage:
Amazon product ASIN B00GODGN9EView: https://www.amazon.com/CTEK-56-959-CHARGE-Automatic-Charger/dp/B00GODGN9E/ref=pd_day0_hl_263_4/146-6758349-7093816?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00GODGN9E&pd_rd_r=588bd9f3-8424-11e9-89d0-b7902472ba38&pd_rd_w=Lt5q9&pd_rd_wg=9H9ti&pf_rd_p=ad07871c-e646-4161-82c7-5ed0d4c85b07&pf_rd_r=3SK13W04114SN4D751JZ&psc=1&refRID=3SK13W04114SN4D751JZ
![]()
Mine isn't exactly the same, but I think it's an older model of this charger. Only problem with this one is it won't charge if the battery is completely dead and it doesn't detect a current. You can just run another battery in parallel and charge both, or you can use a manual charger for 15-20 mins, let the surface charge wear off, and then hook this unit up. It has actually save batteries that trickle chargers did not.
I think between this and the Schumacher unit, I'll never have need of another 12v charger.

LED Lights part number? Need any extra crap besides bulbs for compatibility? Seems like LED lights on the truck requires other stuff.
I'm expecting the twin spal fans' draw to be very ugly.

You won't regret that Craftsman wheel lock set. Even after I wore the teeth out of the spiral side of one of them, it kept working, just tap it on with a hammer, spin it with the impact to get it hot, smack it once more with the hammer, and remove the lock. Even "worn out" it was better than the Matco version was new!Nice reviews. I bought a couple of wheel lug removal things I wasn't happy with. I'm ordering those on your recommendation. That battery starter is badass. You can go up to the 4000 amp version. I might just do that, one day. But, at $270, it'll have to go on my wish list for now. The reviews on that thing suggest that it'll jump 13L navistar diesel rigs... Incredible!