Fox Torque converter suggestion

I have a 83 GLX with a 302 and a AOD transmission. I have the PA second gear hold valve body and using Jegs Quick shift fluid and a Jegs filter, also bought a B&M shifter. All I need now is a torque converter. My 302 is just bolt on 4 barrel carb and long tubes, and I have a Nitrous Express plate kit on a 75 shot. I plan to do a very mild cam in the future. I mainly am going to use this car for average joe class 1/8 miles dot tire drag racing and cruise into town on occasion. What converter do you recommend?

• Sponsors (?)

I dont have a recommendation for particular brand. I just sold a used Trans Specialties 3000 stall for AOD. I pulled it from the 93 since I've been de-tuning that car back towards stock. I rebuilt the transmission and put a stock converter in.

Someone should chime in with brand recommendation.

I went with an edge 2800 stall lock up converter in my 93. I have a silverfox valve body and the engine is a stock lower end with afr heads and an Anderson ford cam. Combo for me is great but it's a street only car.

need to have the cam before you order the converter...

the converter will make or break how well the car performs it needs to work with the rest of the combo

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users