???tps Fox/explorer Tb Swap On To Sn95 5.0?????

Stevenmverrill

5 Year Member
Oct 24, 2017
First has anyone used a good hack to put a sn95 5.0 tps in a fox tb (It's 90° out) ?

Next if thats not worth it, I need to figure out how to wire the fox tps. Or if any one can help pin my way there that would be great! Build is still too far out to give voltage to the computer.

I have spent way too much time searching this, and keep finding my way back to the same write up that only refers to wire colors from a fox tb and a fox wiring harness.

5.0 sn 95 has blk/w, tan, tan/R

Tia for any info advice!

• Sponsors (?)

First has anyone used a good hack to put a sn95 5.0 tps in a fox tb (It's 90° out) ?

Next if thats not worth it, I need to figure out how to wire the fox tps. Or if any one can help pin my way there that would be great! Build is still too far out to give voltage to the computer.

I have spent way too much time searching this, and keep finding my way back to the same write up that only refers to wire colors from a fox tb and a fox wiring harness.

5.0 sn 95 has blk/w, tan, tan/R

Tia for any info advice!

I am inclined to keep the sn95 tps because it reacts differently:

Sn95;
(Below #'s are ohms/c=closed throttle. O= open throttle)
A-b .4 c
A-b 4.0 O
A-c 4.2 c
A-c 4.2 O
B-c 4.2 c
B-c .4 O

Fox ;(
'g'= green b=black o= orange

G-o 3.1 c
G-o .2 o
G-b .4 c
G-b 3.2 o
B-o 3.4 c
B-o 3.4o

What would be the advantage?

I don't know how big a deal it is but the 94 tps already has the resistance sweep the computer knows. Probably not a big deal to use the fox tps I just don't know how to wire it. Using an explorer tb because that's what the junk yard had, and I'm using an aftermarket fox intake manifold.

Attachments

• 20171219_173017.jpg
    20171219_173017.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 376
Ok looks simple enough.

Vref goes to vref

Sig gnd to Sig gnd

Org =vref. Brown/wht
Blk =Sig grd. Blk/wht
G= Sig rtn. Wht/gry

A Google search for the eec output for both cars and the tps plugs respectively made this possible

Attachments

• EEC-Wiring-Diagram.jpg
    EEC-Wiring-Diagram.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 1,505
  • 88-91_5.0_EEC_Wiring_Diagram.gif
    88-91_5.0_EEC_Wiring_Diagram.gif
    77 KB · Views: 477
Reactions: 1 user
Put an SN95 throttle body on it. It's a little bit of money up front, but it saves you a lot of hassle down the road. Trust me.

Kurt

Reactions: 1 users
Ok looks simple enough.

Vref goes to vref

Sig gnd to Sig gnd

Org =vref. Brown/wht
Blk =Sig grd. Blk/wht
G= Sig rtn. Wht/gry

A Google search for the eec output for both cars and the tps plugs respectively made this possible

Thanks,

So I think it was late, and I did not have the work light setup well is my excuse for mistaking the wire colors. Was worrying about nothing I think but there is still some inconsistencies. My correct colors are gry/red. gry/w. Brn/w. All the diagram show as you dicribed, and same as 89-93.

From a different read I soldered in the Explorer/fox connector as follows:

R/gry - Blk
Gry/w -grn
Brn/w - o

*well the correlating wires from the fox harness side of the plug.

I'll use the diagram tonight and duble check every thing by pin location.

Thank you!

Wish I could have used the sn95 tps but could not think of a good way to clock it.

If the SN95 TPS works anything like the fox TPS, it simply takes a reference voltage at startup and adds a base value to that to signal WOT to the ECU.

I believe it's 2.71v added to the idle reference. So if your idle voltage is 0.7v, then all you need to do is surpass 3.4v to signal WOT to the ECU.

That's how the fox TPS works. I'm assuming Sn95 is similar.