Traction control & Kenne Bell

Hi, I’m installing a KB, and I would like to maintain the Traction Control option, but not with “ON” as a default when I start the car.

I’m thinking to go with Dallas Mustang module (part # 3211), but I need your opinions to know if it is easy to install and if it works fine.

As an alternative way of the DM device, can I simply cut a wire of the Tracction Control switch and add an on/off switch? Does this method affect the ABS?

Mustangs are pretty rare cars here (I live in Argentina) so, I don’t like to give it to a mechanic for a tune or reset.

Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure you don't want to keep your TC button function and the reason is because it cuts gas when it comes on, which can/will cause a lean condition, which can and eventually will blow your engine unless you have forged internals, and even then it still might blow the engine. I think there is something about it on the KB website but that's what I remember from when I installed my KB long ago.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure you don't want to keep your TC button function and the reason is because it cuts gas when it comes on, which can/will cause a lean condition, which can and eventually will blow your engine unless you have forged internals, and even then it still might blow the engine. I think there is something about it on the KB website but that's what I remember from when I installed my KB long ago.

+1 you are correct

I have mine turned off at all times.

Does the KB kit come with a traction control option?
forget about the stock TC, this is what u need
390d1171143561-chrome-fr500-mustang-rims-mt-drag-mustang-fr500-rims-001.jpg

The traction control button is NOT an on/off switch. It is a momentary switch which means when you press the button it sends an electrical signal to the pcm. When the pcm gets that signal, it will turn off the tc if it is on or vise versa. That is what the Dallas Mustang thing does. It will sense when the vehicle is turned on and after a second or two send an electric pulse to the pcm making it think someone pushed the button to turn it off from its default ON at startup position. There is NO WAY to modiy the switch to make this happen. There has to be an active input to cause the pulse to be sent. Also there is NO WAY a tuner can make it so that the default for the tc is off at startup and still able to be turned on. NO company not SCT, Diable, Sniper, any of them. NONE.

Who the hell uses the Mustang traction control anyways?

Only use it if you want to get killed.

I tried to merge into traffic one day when I forgot to turn it off. It bogged the car and almost got me hit by the oncoming traffic.

It seems as if it always kicks in at the worst time.

I would never use it with a KB unless you don't like your motor.

And don't even get me started on using that crap in the snow. It WILL get you stuck.