91 Mustang Kenne Bell 2.1/363 help with Fuel injectors

tsidewayz

Oct 5, 2015
New to the forum and hoping to get some help and guidance,
I have read a ton of posts over the last few year of this build but still not able to pull the trigger on what I need.
Basically what I have is a DART SHP block - 363/AFR 185s dyno'd at 492hp fwhp.
With the dyno run we ran a carb on it.
The engine is now in the car and getting ready to install the Kenne Bell 2.1L on it.
I'm stuck with getting the right fuel injectors to support the horse power and at the same time I need to be smog legal...for the most part... as I'm in Communist's State of California.
I'm not trying squeeze every bit of horse power. I'd like to go with some kind of switch chip but I'm struggling to find someone to get the chip from.
I don't have a problem going with a MSPNP except that the CEL function isn't supported. So, ultimately, I'd like to do something with the stock ECU.
Thoughts??

• Sponsors (?)

Ummm... You're kinda hosed. There's no CARB exemption for the 2.1L kit. It's considered a "tuner kit". The only one that had the exemption was the 1.5L kit.

With that, I'd run 60lb injectors and whatever chip tune was necessary to support it. There's got to be somebody in your area that can chip-tune an A9L.

The unit is TS1000 and is covered by EO- D-271-13
That aside, Would flashing the ECU cause any issues with the smog inspection?
I don't think the smog guy will pick up on the larger injectors provided it passes the sniffer test.
The other part of that is that I can't find anyone locally to do the flashing. There were a couple around here but they no longer support.

1684872342918.png

1684873576620.png