Traded in the 04 on a '10

astronut1885

Founding Member
Jan 31, 2002
Assonet, MA
Well, my car has been having major issues over the last few weeks, over heating several times and pushing out all its coolant every time I get in traffic or drive around town. I've also noticed smoke coming out of the tailpipes at times, and I figured it was time to make a move. I went to a local dealer because they had a 2003 torch red Mach 1 with 1900 miles on it from a local collector up for sale. I've always wanted a mach, but they wanted 19000 for it and it books at 13000 or so, and with the negative equity on my GT it wasn't realistic. I had been seriously considering buying an '11 with the new drive train, but with my car heading for meltdown for no known reason (I trouble-shot the crap out of it and still couldn't keep it from blowing all the coolant out) and having been overheated to max 4 times in 5 weeks, I had to make a move now. They showed me a few '10 GTs, and one really stood out. It's the new equivalent of the DSG on the 04, and has a boatload of options. 2010 Premium GT with HIDs, Shaker 1000 :D , Sync, black leather, back up camera, 5spd, 18" 5 spokes, security package, and all the standard GT equipment. All I can say so far is I miss the style my old car had going with the staggered rims and angry exhaust, but this car is an amazing piece. It's faster than my 04, much better mannered, and overall slippery smooth. About the only options I would have liked to have seen on the car are the 3.73s, comfort package with heated seats, and the 19" wheels. But honestly, gears can be done cheap, heated seats are not that big of a deal, and when I get staggered rims for this car, the 19"s would be relegated to winter duty, so overall I am pretty happy. I owed 12,500 on my 04, they gave me 7750 (not bad since I think the motor has had it), the car invoiced for 32050, and they sold it to me at 32450. 0% APR 66 months. 2500 down. $1000 mfgr rebate. My first NEW car. 69 miles at delivery. WOOOT! Pics to follow.

• Sponsors (?)

What will a local dealer do with a screwed up engine GT? Just sell it as it?? (just wondering)

Grats on the new toy

The dealer will send it to auction, they dont care if the car dirty,running bad,
or whatever. I had a couple of dealers offer me $7100. and my car is in
perfect conditon, excellent paint, new tires etc. They dont care, they just go
by book value.

Nice. I already told my mother and fiance I want them to go in together on a set of axle back Magnaflow Magnapacks for Xmas later this year. I am also going to get a BrenSpeed tune for it in the next few weeks, they say that will produce nice gains. After that, a drop-in K+N and a MGW shifter and then I'm done for a while. This car is a beast compared to the 04, and I just found out that the '10 is basically '08 Bullitt from a chassis/suspension perspective, so it's nice to know I have a little something extra under there.

I suggest that you go with a cai/programmer combo. I picked up 22 horsepower to the wheels with the canned tune, so the mail tune from BBR (I highly suggest you give them a shot ;)) made the car feel way better. I gained 3 mph in the 1/8th with the "custom" tune.

Who is BBR? I've already talked to Brenspeed, and they are going to write up a custom tune once I send in the info on the car. Also, I've heard there is little to be gained from the CAI, I already own a tuner, so I don't want to order a package. Plus, CAIs can potentially be ammo to void a warranty, whereas a drop in K+N won't.

Blow By Racing. These cars respond extremely well to the intake/programmer combo so its hard to skip out it. It just depends on how tough the dealer wants to be, as your programmer can void the warranty as well. If you have $50 left over you can get an email tune from BBR and compare the two. If you are anything like me, you like to test everything on the market and having options :rlaugh:

Hell, I still have my other axleback in the garage so I can switch if I get the urge. I love my car though it will potentially be traded in for a 11 soon ;)