Fox Trailer hitch

• Sponsors (?)

What if your towing really old stuff? lol
F250 might be ideal

:lol:

But

I love the utilitarian / versatility aspect of this. ie. more reasons to drive the stang!
Wayne I bet you could sell a couple...just saying ;)

Then buy a Foxbody era f250 and you’re all set!

Reactions: 1 user
I would want to build a tandem axle foxbody trailer. Use a trashed coupe or convertible and keep both trunk and hood fully function, graft front of quarter panel wheel opening into rear portion of front fender. All lights would remain functional. Even hang LX stainless tailpipes out back.

:D

I won't be measuring anything today. It's pouring here.

@7991LXnSHO
Did you get all the drawings? Haven't seen ya back in here.
The drawings look better than anything a hitch company or any diy furniture has sent me over the years! I know just who I would like to go to they the metal from. I will save those diagrams on my computer, besides my phone, for safety and better printing.
Thanks for your time!

Did ya see post #4
I did but that is a back half of a car. I want the back 1/3 and the front 1/3. I have seen single axle versions done of 65/66 mustangs that keep both front and rear clips. They basically cut the quarter in the center of the wheel well as well as the front fender. Then connected it all back together.

The drawings look better than anything a hitch company or any diy furniture has sent me over the years! I know just who I would like to go to they the metal from. I will save those diagrams on my computer, besides my phone, for safety and better printing.
Thanks for your time!
Thanks bud. Anytime! :nice:

I was thinking something like this...

fox trailer.jpg

With an appropriate trailer tongue (likely through the lower bumper opening so as to not cut any plastic) out the front. Functional hood and trunk. Trailer axles and flat floor. Rims to match the tow rig. Paint, headlights, tail lights (and hood if tow rig is non OEM) as well to match. RIde height as well to match for full effect.

Wayne, if you're going to start building and selling more of these....I might need to get on the list. I have been trying to convince my wife that we need a truck (for the boat we haven't bought yet) and her response has consistently been "put a trailer hitch on the mustang" (referring to my 2014 GT before I got the fox). Maybe towing with the fox body is the right option. :D

Yeah I wouldn't want to pull a boat with a fox and I definitely wouldn't want to back it down a boat ramp. I hate doing that with a truck!
On the other hand, while I was out today, I went by my steel place and priced the raw materials for making some hitches. I'll do some figuring and throw some numbers together in the next few days. After that, if anyone is serious about having one we'll go from there.
Just to clarify, I built a small 4'x7' trailer in '93. I designed it for multiple uses. I wanted something light enough to pull behind a riding mower or golf cart to do yard work with. But I wanted it study enough to pull something heavy like my big mower or motorcycle. It's only got the 4.8x12 trailer tires but I've pulled it all over the state. So I'm saying a Fox body is fine for those that don't have a truck and just need some light duty work done. Throw the trailer on and go get a few sheets of plywood. Or a stack of lumber. No worries doing something like that. My friend pulled his jet ski all the time with his '88GT.

Yeah I wouldn't want to pull a boat with a fox and I definitely wouldn't want to back it down a boat ramp. I hate doing that with a truck!
On the other hand, while I was out today, I went by my steel place and priced the raw materials for making some hitches. I'll do some figuring and throw some numbers together in the next few days. After that, if anyone is serious about having one we'll go from there.
Just to clarify, I built a small 4'x7' trailer in '93. I designed it for multiple uses. I wanted something light enough to pull behind a riding mower or golf cart to do yard work with. But I wanted it study enough to pull something heavy like my big mower or motorcycle. It's only got the 4.8x12 trailer tires but I've pulled it all over the state. So I'm saying a Fox body is fine for those that don't have a truck and just need some light duty work done. Throw the trailer on and go get a few sheets of plywood. Or a stack of lumber. No worries doing something like that. My friend pulled his jet ski all the time with his '88GT.
Did you ever make a run of the hitches? I’m building a car for drag week and this would be perfect!

StangHitch0005.jpg
StangHitch0006.jpg
StangHitch0007.jpg
StangHitch0008.jpg
parts.JPG

You'll want to go to a local steel company (not Lowes!!) and get the parts. Just ask them for a piece of tubing that will accept a 2" ball mount. People get them all the time and the store here has all those parts in the front lobby on a shelf. Make sure to measure the tubing outside diameter and make the hole for it match. You will need to center the hitch and mark the bumper for drilling of the vertical holes on the red bracket. There are lots of ways to modify this design for slight variations. If you need help just let me know.
Any way you can email or message me the pictures with the measurements? It will not let me open the images up to make them bigger. Thank you sir!

Back in 76 I installed a hitch on my 73 Z28 ( thats a Camaro) to pull my small dune buggy over to Florence Or.... I still get a tear in my eye when I think I about doing that to my car....

Any way you can email or message me the pictures with the measurements? It will not let me open the images up to make them bigger. Thank you sir!
I just tried them and they open for me and I can zoom on them. You can try right clicking and save if you are on the computer. If you are on a phone, press and hold then save image.
If that doesn't work pm me your email and I'll send them.

I just tried them and they open for me and I can zoom on them. You can try right clicking and save if you are on the computer. If you are on a phone, press and hold then save image.
I tried opening them but it said I didn’t have access. I also tried saving them to the computer but when I went to zoom it was too blurry to make out. I lll shoot you a pm!