Fox Trailer hitch

Maybe this guy for got he had a hitch for a trailer?
F9CC4DA9-E9EC-4572-A069-3AD02DBFD412.jpeg

• Happy
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

New guy here and wondering if you made anymore and have pics of it installed. Thanks
Installed pic on page one. I haven't made any. Seems everyone wants one as long as you work for free. I made 20 of a different project because everyone begged for one and knew the price. Guess how many i sold..... None. Now steel is stupidly high like wood and everything else. I'm sure no one would even make it worth my time. Been around that loop many times. That's why i provided the drawings.

Installed pic on page one. I haven't made any. Seems everyone wants one as long as you work for free. I made 20 of a different project because everyone begged for one and knew the price. Guess how many i sold..... None. Now steel is stupidly high like wood and everything else. I'm sure no one would even make it worth my time. Been around that loop many times. That's why i provided the drawings.
On the red convertible? I have a 91 GT I'm trying to get one for. You can't be charging that much for them. Thanks for getting back to me.

On the red convertible? I have a 91 GT I'm trying to get one for. You can't be charging that much for them. Thanks for getting back to me.
A GT bumper cover is too low for this type hitch. My best friend in the old days had one on his gt vert but that's the only one I've ever seen. Sorry i couldn't help.

StangHitch0005.jpg
StangHitch0006.jpg
StangHitch0007.jpg
StangHitch0008.jpg
parts.JPG

You'll want to go to a local steel company (not Lowes!!) and get the parts. Just ask them for a piece of tubing that will accept a 2" ball mount. People get them all the time and the store here has all those parts in the front lobby on a shelf. Make sure to measure the tubing outside diameter and make the hole for it match. You will need to center the hitch and mark the bumper for drilling of the vertical holes on the red bracket. There are lots of ways to modify this design for slight variations. If you need help just let me know.
Reviving this thread yet again.... @Wayne Waldrep What purpose does the red piece serve? I noticed that it had bolts filling both holes earlier but it did not look like they were attached to anything. And as far as this design not fitting on a GT. Could I just make the green piece drop down farther to get past the ground effects and add a support gusset bracing the yellow, green, and red piece?

Best thing to look at is the actual picture. The red piece is welded to everything. The actual receiver "hole" is welded to this. It has bolts that go up thru the bottom of the C channel bumper. Anything is possible. I just didn't want to hang anything that far off the steel bumper. This hitch is very strong but the rear of the structure is only so strong. I only towed a trailer with my big cruiser motorcycle at the heaviest. About 1000 pounds total. Zero problems. I over engineered this thing. The hitch will not fail. The car is another story.

Reactions: 1 users
Something to be aware of are tow ratings on vehicles are all about the brakes... Getting stopped is the big concern..
I had a very small 89 Chevy Cavalier 4 cylinder POS as a Company car way back.. I built a very very light trailer to haul my quad behind it 60 miles over to Florence, OR. to ride the sand dunes. The trailer did have 15" wheels on it, I won't use those 12" wheel barrow tires you see on some small trailers... .Never had a problem, but I kept things light and took my time.... I did weld a brace under the car that I attached a bar from the hitch to, but there was really no frame under it... A true POS car.....
I always considered my company cars to be part of my pay and used them for everything I could...

Last edited: