tranny shot? Wierd grinding/whirring noise?

Sup guys,
I really need some help here. Ever since i bought my car last may, when the car is in neutral and when i dont have the clutch pedal pressed the car makes this pretty loud whirring/howling/almost grindy noise. When i push the clutch it goes away. Its so loud, if i leave it sitting warming up i hear it mostly instead of the motor. Its like some wierd whirring noise, and from the best i can tell its comming from like right behind the motor. Now, i know most people are pushing reply and are about to say :Throwout bearing! And thats what i thought it was, because i had other bad throwout bearing symptoms, so i got a spec clutch kit and had it put in, and all symptoms except this one went away. Also, if it makes any difference, the tranny is just loud anyways. It howls pretty good, in mostly the lower 3 gears, and if i am rolling down the driveway in 1st and let of the gas and clutch just letting it roll in gear it almost has like a train like chug to it. But i dunno..i mean it runs fine. Car pulls good, doesn't FEEL like the tranny is going out but it sure sounds bad, and i have no idea what this awefull sound is. PLEASE, if you can help at all..please help me, i'm sick of this sound after half a year.
-Grand

• Sponsors (?)

Ok...If it isn't the throw out bearing then the next thing to check is the input shaft bearing on the trans.When the clutch is pushed in it won't turn the input shaft. However, when the clutch is engaged the input shaft is always turning regardless of whether it is in gear or not. In my experience that is probably the most likely cause.