Trans slipping and looking for Cobra front ground effect

cantbuytime

Jan 26, 2010
Ok first I was trying to find the front ground effect for the cobra bumper(like 91LX_5L has)??

next my trans started slipping while getting emissions tested yesterday.. 1st gear only.. I am sure it will need rebuilt.. Anyone know someone around houston who can build me a good trans without costing me an arm and a leg??

Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

We're guessing that you have an auto transmission; I haven't heard of a manual slipping out of gear before. Slipping in an auto is usually the torque converter not staying locked. A good flush and fill can help. Make sure the mechanic knows that you can drain the fluid in the torque converter too. Most don't because it's extra work.

Yes its an auto transmission.sorry..thank you for that info on converter fluid...:D

well i dropped it off at a friends job to have it checked out.. Unfortunately its AAMCO..

I also found that bumper too. I thought that ground effect piece was a bolt on and not a whole bumper. i dont wanna buy a whole new bumper.. thanks again..

Would a Mach 1 chin spoiler fit on a 95 cobra bumper? :shrug: Thats more or less what i was looking for too.. Anyone got pics if a chin spoiler on a 94 to 98 cobra bumper???

I like the one i stated previously by ABC but you have to buy the whole bumper i think?:shrug:

Would a Mach 1 chin spoiler fit on a 95 cobra bumper? :shrug: Thats more or less what i was looking for too.. Anyone got pics if a chin spoiler on a 94 to 98 cobra bumper???

I like the one i stated previously by ABC but you have to buy the whole bumper i think?:shrug:

I know there was a thread about this a little while ago but i would have no idea what to search so maybe someone can help out.