Transmission plans in order.. NOW FO DA POWA!

Zseme39

Apr 8, 2012
Ok, so last time I checked in I was getting my plans for my transmission all sorted out, well now that that's figured out, I want to up the power since stock is that measly 260 bhp. My goals are around 400-420ish since I know/been informed that the stock motor can only handle 450. So i was thinking swap out H-rods and forged pistons to create a safer buffer zone, but other than that, what would the best way to get to my goals? N/A or F/I? Parts? Prices? (if the add-ons are only mechanical, keep to 380ish because I will be adding a High Performance ECU at the end, so the add-ons don't mess up the tune and make me do it over.) Willing to Super.
Tunerwise, would it be best to go with the SCT XCal 2 so I can do the full tune and also bump off the Limiter?
I'm really excited to get the project on and eventually take it up to Road America (like 10 mins away, I also know a ton of people who work there who will let me take solo laps on non-event days).
:rock: :banana: :poo::banana::rock:

• Sponsors (?)

I say forced all the way. I just put about $5000 into my car totally stock bottom end.....I went the Tork Tech route....I love it! I think with every bolt one you can throw at a 2v you're not gonna break 350hp. If youte looking for 400+ you're gonna need a swap or some sort of power adder

My goals are around 400-420ish since I know/been informed that the stock motor can only handle 450.

LMAO at the 4.6 reaching over 400 hp NA. This isn't an LS motor that responds well to bolt ons. You will need FI.

I think you need to do more reading. There's no reason to get forged rods and pistons without changing out the crank.

High performance ECU? I should really get this to add mad tyte power. Seriously though, sit down and start reading. These cars are 10+ years old, and you aren't the first one to build one up. Figure out what works and what doesn't. Add the parts to get to your goals, and then get it dyno tuned.

For power:
1) SCT xcal tuner ($500)
2) save for kenne bell / vortech / tork tech kit and install it ($3000-$5000+ cost of dyno tune)
3) save for an intercooler / meth set up for said kit in #1 ($0-~$500)
4) Full exhaust (headers, midpipe, catback) ($1000-$1500)
You should be able to make near 400 rwhp with ~9-10 psi

I put just under $5000 ($1000 in hood and paint) to get what I wanted.....I wanted a twin screw over a centrifugal......and I love every aspect of my car.....my future is junk yard 4.6 bottom end rebuild and more boost....but for now I love my car....its driven maybe once a week or so, and still retains full drivability.
IMAG0494.jpg
. I think u are definitely going to want to go forced induction.

thanks a lot guys. I did do a lot of reading but I kept getting bogged down with lemons and other info I didn't need and ended up more confused and with more questions than when I started (and I never said 400+ NA. I know that's nearly impossible without running a stroker and A MILLION rebuilt parts.
NOT going to need to do as much as I had thought so thank you for not making me spend more money than I need to to get what I want :D
I'll probably just go the Twin-Screw route and add a couple bolt-ons as well as an intercooler. Then get an ECU to keep it all in line (probably the SCT). Definitely go with the controller for the super in the dash though.
P.S. Bob those are sweet halos you got on your 'stang ;)