transmission swap?

Shibbydude529

Nov 29, 2003
Hello i am new to this site and i have a 93 mustang gt 5 speed and i would like to swap the 5 speed for a c4 transmission i am going to be racing this car and a automatic is just more consecutive could someone please tell me if this a good idea and hwo hard the process would be i would really apreciate it thanks alot

• Sponsors (?)

"consecutive"? Well, they can be more consistent. It isn't a hard process, but that is a kinda relative term. You may need to steal a computer out of an AOD car, depending on your application- and the crossmember is different. I'd say it's easier than converting an AOD car to a stick.
While they are consitent, they are also heavy and parasitic. To be faster than a stick will require some real good building with the right parts. You may have just opened up the proverbial can of worms with this one though- asking if it was a good idea is gonna blow this whole argument wide open again... it's only a good idea if going strait is all that matters to you, or you don't have any legs. Just my $.02, but I'm not a 1/4mile junkie.