Tremec 3650

SonicBlue40thGT

Jul 26, 2005
I just purchased a 2004 GT ! 91 miles on it ! :banana:

I am wanting to change over to the Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter. I am clueless to wether or not my Stang has the Tremec 3650 tranny or not. And unfortunately the car did not come with the original sticker ! The guy wanted to keep it for some silly reason ! So I really have nodda clue to what type of tranny I have for sure. Need to know so I can purchase the proper Steeda Tri-Ax !

Thanks For Any Help Offered ! :nice:

The No Clue Wish I Was A Mechanic ! :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Give Me TP is correct . . . about the window sticker for your new GT, why not get him to give you a photo copy of it anyway.
Why did/would this guy sell his Mastang with only 91 miles on it? That's amazing to find an '04 with those kind of miles, great find! Congrats!

SonicBlue40thGT said:
I just purchased a 2004 GT ! 91 miles on it ! :banana:

I am wanting to change over to the Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter. I am clueless to wether or not my Stang has the Tremec 3650 tranny or not. And unfortunately the car did not come with the original sticker ! The guy wanted to keep it for some silly reason ! So I really have nodda clue to what type of tranny I have for sure. Need to know so I can purchase the proper Steeda Tri-Ax !

Thanks For Any Help Offered ! :nice:

The No Clue Wish I Was A Mechanic ! :shrug:

Make sure to browse this thread......
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=328655

I have an '04 as well and have not had any of the issues as described. It's probably going to wait until warranty is over with to crap out on me. :(

I have an '01 made in July 2001 with the TR-3650. The '04s definitely have the 3650 as well, but if you want to be sure, there's supposed to be a character in the VIN number that will tell you. I think Steeda tells you how to find it when you shop online for Tri-ax shifters for the 3650 and T-45 but I don't remember for sure.