Tremec 3650

SonicBlue40thGT

Jul 26, 2005
I just purchased a 2004 GT ! 91 miles on it !

I am wanting to change over to the Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter. I am clueless to wether or not my Stang has the Tremec 3650 tranny or not. And unfortunately the car did not come with the original sticker ! The guy wanted to keep it for some silly reason ! So I really have nodda clue to what type of tranny I have for sure. Need to know so I can purchase the proper Steeda Tri-Ax !

Thanks For Any Help Offered !

The No Clue Wish I Was A Mechanic !

Give Me TP is correct . . . about the window sticker for your new GT, why not get him to give you a photo copy of it anyway.
Why did/would this guy sell his Mastang with only 91 miles on it? That's amazing to find an '04 with those kind of miles, great find! Congrats!

Make sure to browse this thread......
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=328655

I have an '04 as well and have not had any of the issues as described. It's probably going to wait until warranty is over with to crap out on me.

I have an '01 made in July 2001 with the TR-3650. The '04s definitely have the 3650 as well, but if you want to be sure, there's supposed to be a character in the VIN number that will tell you. I think Steeda tells you how to find it when you shop online for Tri-ax shifters for the 3650 and T-45 but I don't remember for sure.