Trick flow head help

Hi everyone, I'm new here, and I'm looking at these heads. I was told they were trick flow, but it doesn't seem like they say it on the end, and the person I've been messaging said they don't have a casting number, although I see some numbers right above the exhaust port. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
D5B0A53B-5201-48F3-8D5C-EE766336F6E7.png
D5B0A53B-5201-48F3-8D5C-EE766336F6E7.png
02197637-962A-4AAD-A385-48C752BBBB36.png
903FBA46-55D3-43B3-B544-285B74A57CFA.png
D6F48E0F-AF27-4387-A47E-8AB026B2386C.png
0F466931-058C-4B8C-9225-8DBEE198349F.png

• Sponsors (?)

Those are trickflow heads. Look like early twisted wedge to me....just like what I have on my car. They need a little work. Hope you're sending them to the machine shop.

Reactions: 1 user
Those are trickflow heads. Look like early twisted wedge to me....just like what I have on my car. They need a little work. Hope you're sending them to the machine shop.
Awesome, yea that's the first thing I'm going to do with them. I was a little worried because they don't really have any casting numbers, and they say 174cc and 60cc not 170 and 61

Just a word of warning, I would suspect that those need a fair amount of work. Make sure you get them cheap.
Probably safe at $200. Don't know of any knockoffs on the twisted wedge heads out there.

Joe
Ok sweet, they seem pretty legit anyway. I'm going to get that number above the exhaust ports and call trick flow just to be safe. There don't seem to be any numbers anywhere else. Thanks for the help.

Joe
They're listed for $200, I can probably talk them down more, I'm just worried they might be knockoffs.

The early non logo tfs heads performed well.. They made them in both pedestal mount and stud mount. The pedestal mount ones generally had terrible geometry issues

Yes they look like pedestal to me. For the price, don't let the pedestal mount scare you off at that price. If your keeping the car 6k rpm or less with less then 300lb open pressure then you shouldn't have a problem. Just make sure to check rocker geometry and shim pedestals as necessary. If they require shimming past a certain point, then different pushrods are needed.

Yes they look like pedestal to me. For the price, don't let the pedestal mount scare you off at that price. If your keeping the car 6k rpm or less with less then 300lb open pressure then you shouldn't have a problem. Just make sure to check rocker geometry and shim pedestals as necessary. If they require shimming past a certain point, then different pushrods are needed.
Thank you for the info, I appreciate it. This is my first time buying aluminum heads.

$200 for a set of heads is cheap even if they are the older tfs heads but do yourself a favor and have the heads gone through before you bolt them down.. It'll save you allot of frustration, time and money later one knowing the heads are in good shape ready to go rather then finding out later after you've assembled everything and itching to drive the car.