Trick Flow, stage 1, 2, or 3?

Paul Perreca

Mar 30, 2005
I posted a similar question in a thread two days ago, but i didnt get enough input - and this question is more to the point. Bran new block w/ new pistons, rings, bearing, crank, timing chain, refreshed heads, (with springs according to my new cam lift), ported and polished as well, new cobra polished intake, 70 mm throttle body, and no miles. I will be upping the cam to an aftermarket cam, preferably TFS. Now, my question is, which TFS cam?, or should i go E 303, B-303, or find one by comp cams that is good? Please help me, i could not order cam today because i was not sure like i wanted to be, but i will def order it tommorow, i know you guys know your cams! If you can't suggest a cam, at least suggest a lift to shoot for, like .480, .490, .500, or above - I do not know what to get. Thank you very much for you time and information, it is more valuable to me than you realize! Thanks again
Paul Perreca

• Sponsors (?)

The best way to go is with a custom cam but they aren't cheap. Out of the ones you have listed I would go with a stage 1. When I get my TFS intake I will be putting one in my 93. IIRC you might run int P/V clearance issues with a stage 2 and up but I could be wrong.

Paul Perreca said:
I posted a similar question in a thread two days ago, but i didnt get enough input - and this question is more to the point. Bran new block w/ new pistons, rings, bearing, crank, timing chain, refreshed heads, (with springs according to my new cam lift), ported and polished as well, new cobra polished intake, 70 mm throttle body, and no miles. I will be upping the cam to an aftermarket cam, preferably TFS. Now, my question is, which TFS cam?, or should i go E 303, B-303, or find one by comp cams that is good? Please help me, i could not order cam today because i was not sure like i wanted to be, but i will def order it tommorow, i know you guys know your cams! If you can't suggest a cam, at least suggest a lift to shoot for, like .480, .490, .500, or above - I do not know what to get. Thank you very much for you time and information, it is more valuable to me than you realize! Thanks again
Paul Perreca

It depends on what you're doing with the car. Is it a daily driver, do you have emissions testing or merely a visual or no testing? I think you'll be very happy with a TFS stage 1 (my next cam on a DD) on a daily driver if you don't have smog testing. If you do have smog testing an E cam is okay, but Crane Cams offers a variety of smog legal cams. If it's a weekend only car you might look at the TFS stage 2, but be sure to check piston to valve clearance.
Tim

i live in philly so its not hard to find someone to just through emissions stickers, i gotta guy that puts mine on for me. Not worried at all about smog or emissions. It is a daily driver. I want some ass at the pedal when i need it. The rockers are stock. The heads are stock but will be ported and polished w/ a complete valve and spring job (machinist is a friend of my dads so cheaper) and basically, i will be pulling my beat motor out, and putting everything from the stock motor onto the short block that i got - and i will clean and paint every single peice as they come off before they go onto the new engine. It will truly be a sight under the hood of my car, but i wanna have some ass behind the beauty. THanks for the input. I think I may be going w/ the stage 1 but please as much input before tommorow at 12:00 as possible!!!!!

THANKS GUYS
Paul Perreca

thanks for your help, if anyone needs help with their paint, feel free to Send me a personal message and i will get back to you, its the least I can do for all of your replies to my pathetic questions...! thanks
Paul Perreca