Trick Flow Stage 2 cam?

frcefedlx

Dec 6, 2004
I have a 94 cobra now and plan to install my twisted wedge heads and stage one cam. I wonder about the clearance of the Stage 2 cam. Will the pistons need to be notched. Other than the obvious of checking has anyone Used this cam and found it more trouble than its worth?

• Sponsors (?)

drakesdad said:
FF.........a quick call to summit or TFS tech will help you out......they are very "versed" at those questions.......

No way!!!

Only way yo know is measure and check. Sometimes it works, soemtimes not. You WILL need a good valve spring b/c if you float the valve upstairs and the clearances are close..Goodbye.

I'd go custom, but the tfs stg 1 is ok for the average enthusiest looking for 300rwhp. I'm not average :)

Grn92LX said:
No way!!!

Only way yo know is measure and check. Sometimes it works, soemtimes not. You WILL need a good valve spring b/c if you float the valve upstairs and the clearances are close..Goodbye.

I'd go custom, but the tfs stg 1 is ok for the average enthusiest looking for 300rwhp. I'm not average :)
Mike.....maybe I should have elaborated more about my post......by "versed"...I meant they could tell him the specs on the heads and cam....and he could go from there.......

Thats the thing, should I just stay with the stage one? I am going from a car with almost 400hp to the tire to this Cobra and feel the difference. I will put a blower on the Cobra however at this point I am just using what I can off my old car. Heads and cam. Probably retain the Cobra intake for authenticity sake. Since I will be in there now is the time to figure it out. I am just curious how close it is. I had plenty of room with the stage one so maybe I will just stick with that for now.

according to trickflow, anything greater than the stage 1 cam with 1.6 rockers and the tw heads will require the pistons to be clearanced. that could just be them being conservative though. the only real way to tell as mike said is to measure the ptv clearance. as he also said, if the clearance is close, you better have a really good valve spring to prevent a disaster.

That is what I needed to hear. I know a guy running the stage 2 cam but I always forget to ask him. I think with Trick Flow saying that I will stick to The Stage One. I'm happy with what it did for my lx so it should make me happy in this one.
Thanks all