trick flow stage 3 camshaft

Mac-man

Nov 7, 2003
south texas
i am building a 331 stroker motor and have a chance to get a trick flow stage 3 camshaft relatively cheaply, from a friend of mine. i was wandering if it is worth installing or too big for what i am doing. i am going to be using trick flow twisted wedge heads, as well as a matching trick flow intake. the specs on the cam are: lift .574/.595 duration is 236/248 @.050 the LSA is 110

what do u guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

I also just noticed you car is a 94 if you plan on running the stock computer forget about a stage 3 cam your year computer is extrememly picky when it comes to big mods let alone cams. Do some research on here there are some cams that dont mess with the computer too much.

hi
the cam you are getting it has a very rough iddle for a computer controled engine, for computer engines you need to have good vacumm and more for 95' computer i recomend you to go with Comp Cams XE274HR it has very good vacumm and lot of toque and makes horse power and its good for strokers and superchargers too...!!!

does that xe274hr have a noticeable idle, and as far as pistons go i havent ordered the kit yet but am about to and i was asked what cam i was going to be running, so help decide which pistons i needed to get. that xe274 sounds like it might be decent, but i definately want something with an aggressive idle

My shop guy told me a story once about a 327 they built for a customer.

AFR 205s and had the TFS3 cam, they said from 4 to 7k that car was posessed.

Its a really heavy cam, and not comfy to drive around with. but it sure does make a lot of power.

from what i gather on the posts i have put up about the cam it isnt going to work for what i want, but i keep hearing about that xe274h from comp cams, so if anyone can give me some insight into that cam i would really appreciate it. main things i wanna know bout that cam are what springs needed, and what has to be changed to make it work, as well as the powerband it is most comfortable in.

I dont know much about the cam your asking about but I love the Trick Flow stage 1 cam great cam and not so bad for driveabilty. I also think it might work with your computer with some tuning which your proably going to have to have in the end anyways. On the springs it depends on what heads you have or are going to run we need to know that to answer your question.

alright. i am new to the 5.0 game. i come from the modular game where we only have one spring choice to go with all the cam grinds. i am looking at running some trick flow twisted wedge heads on the 331. i am also thinking of putting this cam into my current motor until i get that one done. which on this motor i have it has gt-40"p" heads.

the specs on that comp cams grind are:
lift is .520/.523
duration is 230/236 @.050
LSA is 110

:nice: