trick flow top end kit *need help adjusting rockers*

ShortThrow50

Oct 22, 2006
Pa
trick flow stree heat on 1993 mustang 5.0. Im at the point of where i need to installl and adjust the roller rockers that come with kit. There isnt specific instructions on how to correctly do this. I have the cam spec sheet. i also have feeler gauges. Do i need the feeler gauges? Im completely lost because i never installed rockers before. Please someone steer me in the right direction. Thanks
carmen

• Sponsors (?)

thanks for the links fellas. Yeah they are stud mount. the zero lash thing confused me a good deal. I got the rest figured out. My next wuestions is then, should the pushrod not be able to spin at all when hand adjusting the nut or should it just be snug? Then the instructions say tighten the nut with the wrench a 1/2 -3/4 turn. Well what the heck is it? a half or 3 quarter? thats a big diff in my book

Some people do 1/2, others 3/4. If you do a half turn and they are noisey, do 3/4. Just keep spinning the pushrod until you feel resistance and you can't turn it as freely anymore. You just don't want to crank it down or have them too loose.

hope that isn't too general... good luck

just like 91lxttrim said, what you're doing is spinning the pushrod in your fingers while you tighten down the adjusting nut. At the point where you start to feel resistance in spinning the pushrod, you have gotten to the point where you then make your 1/2 turn with your ratchet to tighten the rocker down.