Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Heads Cams and Intake NA Dyno Results

Founding Member
Jan 29, 2002
Broke
The trick flow car finally got dyno'd. Trick flow heads, cams, and intake. Longtubes and full exhaust. Otherwise the car is stock.

333rwhp, 340ftlbs torque. Some pretty nice NA numbers. 100rwhp better than stock. It'll cost you as much as a blower though.
I'd be happy with a nice safe 330rwhp NA car.

attachment.php

Vid on YouTube:

YouTube - M2U00083

• Sponsors (?)

Any idea what cams the used? They look pretty mild judging by the amount of torque they make down low. Also, they only spun the engine to 6k rpm. With a hotter cam and the valvetrain mods to support it, they should make quite a bit of power.

EDIT: It looks like they spun it to 6200 rpm, but the engine stopped making power after 5800 rpm.

Nice, but that's a lot of money to spend for all of 330rwhp. Like you said, they cost as much a s a blower.

I'd pass given the choice between the two. Trick Flow isn't going to see a lot of sales until they come down on the rediculous prices of these heads. Expecially when you consider a set of CNC ported PI castings perform nearly as well, for half the price.

3v/4v = :owned: 2v is back!

Wishful thinking, but not quite. :D

I'm so sure about that, for ****s and giggles my rebuilt Mach motor made near 360 peak rwhp on a dyno dynamics dyno with stock intake and heads (just had them cleaned) and Comp Stg II cams, that's also with full exhaust (LTs/catted X/and Catback), CAI and intake spacer. I plan on doing a couple more things most noticeably a ported short funner intake which should compliment the cams even more esp up top since the stock intake maxes out at around 6200 rpms. :flag:

Things are def coming around for N/A Mustangs these days though, especially for the 2v.

like ive told you guys previously.more flow and dynamcis than stock 3v or 4v. = more power.

360rwhp is the highest i know of with 3v fullboltons/cams.

these heads will easily exceed that.

You are not looking very hard. There is quite a few bolt on S197 GT's pushing 390 RWHP N/A with the stock short block and a few over 400 RWHP N/A with the stock short block and bolt-ons.

A dyno queen or race car, 4V heads are where it is at. A fully built 4V will make more HP than a fully built 2V, even with these new heads. Street car, these heads will be the 2V choice. The best street head though is still the 3V. An S197 GT doesn''t need heads or cams to achieve the numbers that this 2V achieved.

That all said. I do like where these heads are at and what they offer. I am on the list to get a set for 15 June.

I may have to sell my spot due to some family issues that have come up though.:(

You are not looking very hard. There is quite a few bolt on S197 GT's pushing 390 RWHP N/A with the stock short block and a few over 400 RWHP N/A with the stock short block and bolt-ons.(

:bs:
A buddy of mine on has a 2007 gt, with ever bolton,
Steeda under drives, kooks longtubes, x-pipe, blow though muffs, bbk tb and spacer, coil packs, cold air, tune, and the list goes on , he has everthing but heads and cams, ON a dyno jet w/ SAE only made 315rwhp. Also hes getting ready to install stage 3 cams and stage two ported heads, fully built bottom end and we thing he may make around 360-380rwhp.
User ID: Lightblade

Also dyno'd a mach1 with fr500 heads/cams tune and I think long tubes only made 360rwhp, If you want dyno sheets pics and maybe videos I can get them for you and where ever you are getting this info from i would love to see it. thank you.