trickflow intake

• Sponsors (?)

Yes. And for you I highly recommend the STREET heat for now. When you do get heads, upgrade to TRACK heat as it works with the same lower. Then sell you street heat.

Why buy one intake now and then buy another later on? I suggest you wait until you're ready to swap the heads and cam, and then do the intake at the same time so you do the whole HCI in one hit.
The only exception that I can see is if you're setting your mind on a "street" intake e.g. Cobra, Explorer, TFS Street Heat, Edelbrock Performer and you're going to keep the same one even if you swap heads/cam. I don't think it's a good idea to use a "track" intake e.g. TFS Track Heat, Edelbrock Performer RPM, Holley Systemax II if you have the stock heads/cam.

Why buy one intake now and then buy another later on? I suggest you wait until you're ready to swap the heads and cam, and then do the intake at the same time so you do the whole HCI in one hit.
The only exception that I can see is if you're setting your mind on a "street" intake e.g. Cobra, Explorer, TFS Street Heat, Edelbrock Performer and you're going to keep the same one even if you swap heads/cam. I don't think it's a good idea to use a "track" intake e.g. TFS Track Heat, Edelbrock Performer RPM, Holley Systemax II if you have the stock heads/cam.

Why not switch intakes now? An intake alone on a stock headed/cammed car will still give a nice SOTP feel in the upper rpm range. He can use the Street Heat upper and lower now, and when he completes his H/C just swap the upper over to the Track Heat. It would take less than 30 minutes.

Thanks,
James
94 GT Vert AODE

Why not switch intakes now? An intake alone on a stock headed/cammed car will still give a nice SOTP feel in the upper rpm range. He can use the Street Heat upper and lower now, and when he completes his H/C just swap the upper over to the Track Heat. It would take less than 30 minutes.

Thanks,
James
94 GT Vert AODE

That was exactly what I was planning when I did mine... now, if I were to do it over again...

I'd go straight to the track heat, get the 4.10 gears in, and degree my stock cam 4 degrees retarded while I saved for the rest of the package.

Adam

I'm with some of the others :nice:

I like an intake as a first motor mod :)

If you plan on better heads and cam later ... then like Adam said ....
Buy the mid length runner choice and be done with it

Also if you're gonna go big later ... don't be hosing around on the
ports with gasket matching ......

Wait for the good heads and get a perfect mock up before
you get the die grinder out ;)

Keith has a plan that would work but you might loose a bit of cash
when exchanging uppers :shrug:

Just gotta think ahead :Word:

Grady

I'm with some of the others :nice:

I like an intake as a first motor mod :)

If you plan on better heads and cam later ... then like Adam said ....
Buy the mid length runner choice and be done with it

Also if you're gonna go big later ... don't be hosing around on the
ports with gasket matching ......

Wait for the good heads and get a perfect mock up before
you get the die grinder out ;)

Keith has a plan that would work but you might loose a bit of cash
when exchanging uppers :shrug:

Just gotta think ahead :Word:

Grady

Yes but it was worth the tini tiny loss because I didn't go H/C/I right away and the streeet heat worked better for the stock combo for low end. I wouldn't do it differently. :)

i don't know how much you are thinking of spending, but i have read that the holley doesn't lose much on the bottom end and kicks a$$ on the top end. again, i have just read this and am parroting it here; i don't have any first hand experience with it.

but ... there's a guy over on hardcore5.0 running one with an OTS comp cam and some twisted wedge heads putting down 360 at the wheels and running 10.7 on the quarter mile

might be something to think about ...

i don't know how much you are thinking of spending, but i have read that the holley doesn't lose much on the bottom end and kicks a$$ on the top end. again, i have just read this and am parroting it here; i don't have any first hand experience with it.

but ... there's a guy over on hardcore5.0 running one with an OTS comp cam and some twisted wedge heads putting down 360 at the wheels and running 10.7 on the quarter mile

might be something to think about ...

Holly is ILL... I read about that dude, its a super secret OTS cam and I think the heads are worked, but you're right, its an amazingly efficient combo! I am continuously impressed by ported Twisted Wedge heads... TEA especially comes to mind.

Thing about the Holly is... ya gotta ditch the stock hood.:D

Adam