trickFlow street heat intake

Dec 5, 2006
Hey guys anyone have 1 , im going ahead and getting myself a tfs heat intake but thats all im getting for now + a throttlebody, with just a swap over the stock 1 thats on the car now will i end up losing low end torch or will it be a slight gain. Plans are for heads later on down thee road. Thanks much

. Ohhh also does the intake have different bore sizes for where the throttlebody goes or is it just the one size cause all iv seen so far is just the 75mm for that tfs heat intake. btw my car is stock for the moment. :cheers:

• Sponsors (?)

The opening for the Street Burner (Street Heat) intake is 75mm with not other choices, and you may lose just a little bit of "torque" down low, but you will make up for it in the mid-higher rpms.

Ok this is one thing i do not want to lose any of is the torque. what about the cobra intake . my mods are not all there so i think i migh go with somthing of a smaller opening around the intake throttle bore. Is anyone runnig a cobra intake on an otherwize stock engine. If so how does it feel.

i doubt it will make a real difference. it may pick up some power but the stock intake and stock heads are both the biggest restrictions on stock engines. replacing just the intake wont do much, replace the heads with some gt -40s or something to match the cobra intake better and you should feel a real nice boost in power.

and dont worry about the TB bore on the intake as long as its bigger than the TB then its fine, if not then it can be opened up easily with a grinder.

if the engine is stock i wouldnt mess with the intake. i'd save for heads and intake. or you could also get the cheap bolt ons, like the UD pullies or cheap cold air ( wont do much but it looks cool lol) a new mass air meter and bigger TB. all of which will compliment heads and intake later on, and will be something to tinker with in the mean time.

Definitely a fair amount of power to be had with an intake swap, even with stock heads. The lower intake is far more restrictive than the heads themselves. It's worth doing the simple intake swap, even before adding heads.