Trouble With Reverse Lights

RedPonyV6

Jul 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Hey all,

I'm new to the forum, I've had my Mustang since December and figured it was about time I joined one..

Ok so on to my problem! I recently had some issues with my transmission, it's a 2000 3.8L V6 'stang with a T5 transmission. I found a T5 from a 2004 Mustang at a junkyard with only 10,000 miles on it, had it put in, had the flywheel resurfaced and a new clutch dropped in while I was at it. The car drives like a dream, but ever since the transmission job my reverse lights haven't worked. Whenever I put it in reverse, the fuse pops, I changed the bulbs, same problem. I took it back to the shop, and the mechanic took a look at the switch, said it seemed to look ok. I don't want to drive around with no reverse lights for too long (not to imply that I do a lot of driving in reverse :p).. Any insight as to where I can begin to look and see what the problem is? I am pretty good with cars, don't have a ton of experience with electrical stuff, but I can follow directions well if anyone has a suggestion..

Thanks a lot!

• Sponsors (?)

Start by testing the reverse switch. Disconnect the electrical connection. Measure the resistance from each switch terminal to a known good ground. Should be open. Post. Will go from there.