Troubleshooting the Duraspark

I need to troublshoot the Duraspark, I don't want to just start replacing parts.
This is a '79 it had a turbo 4 now has 302, it did run fine then it got to a point where it would hardly run, now it won't start at all. So I'm pretty sure it's wired correctly. The connections at the plugs are good (I ran a continuity test). I've changed spark plugs and checked the plug wires. Good ground on the engine.
I just picked this thing up, not running and I'm sure it's a simple problem.
The things I need to know are:
What should the resistance on the pickup coil should be?
What voltages should come out of the module during turnover? With the key in the run position?
The resistance of the coil is 1.8 Ohms, that's correct right?
Thanx for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm looking in two differnt manuals, but I can't find anything for the pickup coil in the dizzy, but I did find this:

Primary resistance is measured between the two primary (low voltage) terminals, w/the coil disconnected and ign switch off. Primary resistance must be 0.71-0.70ohms For duraspark I; 0.80-1.6ohms for DurasparkII and III

Secondary resistance is measured between the "BATT" and the High voltage terminals of the coil with the ign off. secondary resistance must be 7,350-8,250ohms for duraspark I; 7,700-10,500ohms for duraspark II and III

hope that helps at least a little...

I had problems with my DuraSpark II (I thought). The resistance measurements for the II's primary coil is off. Mine was 2 and all of the new ones I tested were about 2.

I don't have a clue as to the DuraSpark I.
I do know that Autozone tests them for free and their tester seems to work.

Sorry I am not more help. I would also suggest that if possible, you upgrade to at least the II.

sounds to me like your ignition module burnt out. I had the same kinda thing a few weeks back. I had the car running good. Then it started buckin and stallin. Getting worse and worse, it finally got to where it would not start at all. I thought it was a fuel problem. Turned out to need a new duraspark ignition module. Runs like a top now. Also replace the plugs . Good Luck'
Joe E.