Trying to get Killercanary's attention

• Sponsors (?)

I was on vacation last week in aruba and I am behind in getting to my personal emails, sorry. Is it something we should discuss here so others can learn? I'm leaving to go out for the night right now, but I will respond later.

Killercanary said:
I was on vacation last week in aruba and I am behind in getting to my personal emails, sorry. Is it something we should discuss here so others can learn? I'm leaving to go out for the night right now, but I will respond later.

ok thanx, well taken from my email is

in your case what was the primary cause for you to have issues with ur pedestal mount setup, my mechanic thinks i should get pedstal because my stock 1.7 cobra rockers could then be reused...what caused you to need a different pushrod length? and get shims put it and stuff

i also may have found a set of pedestal afr heads for $1,000(to which i belive they are brand new, but not sure) , which is why i have concern on whether or not i should be passing this deal up

I'm not exactly sure why I had as many problems as I did, the heads were not milled, the block wasn't decked, and the head gasket was actually a little thinner than stock so I shouldn't have had to run longer rods but I had to. Even the base circle of the cam is supposedly the same size as stock. All these things effect pushrod length, and if everything remains the way ti was stock then there shouldn't be a need for different length rods and such, but you never know until you try. The problem with pedestal is that there is NO adjustment, you tighten the bolt down to the proper torque spec and that's it. In my case my bolt was torqued down before there was even any preload on the lifter, so I had to use longer pushrods so that I could preload the lifter. I'd sell the rockers and go stud mount if it were me...