TUNING A 4.6!!!!

.:.SuShIeAtEr.:

New Member
Apr 22, 2004
12
0
0
How do you go about tuning a 99+ mustang? Do you buy a boost controller or get a chip? How do performance shops do it? How do they determine the correct a/f mixture? I saw an ad for one of those superchips programmers. It claims up to 100+ hp gains and even more torque. Does this actually work? Has anyone ever tried it? ALL REPLIES ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
 
Take your car to a Mustang shop and they will put it on a dyno and read the stats it puts out as they go through the RPMS. Then they will program a chip on a lap top to the specs they feel your Mustang should be at. Plug in the chip and you are ready to go. What mods have you got done?
 
Monkie- what the hell? Stock internals w/ that much power? Please explain your setup!!! Who did your tune? I'm only putting out 370rwhp & 345rwtq w/ a P-1SC w/ 3 core & very conservative tune (also slightly rich).
 
Have you got a Cobra? The DOHC engines LOVE boost. Right when I slapped on the supercharger I put down 408rwhp untuned. What psi pulley are you running and what psi are you seeing?

I'm saving up for a 302ci stroker short block as we speak. $2,000 more and she is MINE! :D :banana: