Tuning for 05 Mustang GT

silver05mustang

Oct 10, 2011
Hello everyone,
Dont want to bore anyone with my story, just new to the forum and have a background with GM cars and need help with a 05 mustang gt 4.6 3valve. I put a 410 gear, thermostat, ford racing intake, undrive pulleys and C&L cai. I was attempting to tune the car with hp tuners and have had a horrible time trying to get it right. With the ford intake the cmcv plates completly come off along with the module that sits in the back that controls it. The car runs fine and feels good, but it doesnt want to start after its cold. Its like the computer floods the engine with fuel when it sees all the air coming in, and the motor dies. You have to give it alot of gas to keep it running and it seems no one around here wants to mess with it. Is there anyone out there that has a tune done with cmcv deletes. Any input would help at this point.

• Sponsors (?)

What kind of handheld tuner do you have? Most of the good tuning shops use SCT. If you have an SCT handheld there are plenty of tuning shops out there. Brenspeed, AM/Bama, etc. I use Brenspeed myself, never had a problem. Any of the above shops can hook you up with an email tune. CMCV delete is an extremely common mod.