Turbo fox microsquirt help

Hey guys i just got my turbo kit on my fox and i was messing with the tune alittle, but was also having problems with mechanical things as this is a fresh build. So i was reading through one of the forums on here and grabbed a tune i seen and tweaked it to work with my injectors, just to get the car running. Its running now, but im having a heck of a time getting it to idle. I had it idleing, but the only way was messing with the set screw on the throttle body, and it would idle at like 1700. Since then ive been trying to get it to idle lower, and now im back to not idleing again. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance. I would attach a datalog, but i cant keep it idleing enough to make it worth looking at.
Mods:
Stock 302
F cam
Trickflow intake
60lb ford racing injectors
340 lph aermotive pump
76mm turbo

Attachments

• jtoepper93 v1.msq
    119.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Sponsors (?)

In settings try switching IAC to inverted. This is what helped me with mine. @a91what handles just about all of my tuning. My knowledge is limited.

Ok I will assume you have not verified base timing yet, if you have not please do so. this tune file has the base timing set to 14*. I suggest that you change the timing offset to 10* base advance.

You are attempting to use a tune setup for a completely different build it looks like.

Ok I will assume you have not verified base timing yet, if you have not please do so. this tune file has the base timing set to 14*. I suggest that you change the timing offset to 10* base advance.

You are attempting to use a tune setup for a completely different build it looks like.
I did verify base timing, I set it to fixed timing and verified 15 degrees with my timing light. Do you suggest I start fresh?

@a91what heres a log i got after i verified the timing. it idled after alittle messing with the set screw. Was very rich so i started trying to lean it out in the Fuel VE table, and now it died and doesnt want to start. Sorry i suck at this, im trying to learn and make small adjustments.

Attachments

• jtoepper93 rev 1.0.0 startup log.mlg
    404.1 KB · Views: 74
So somehow my required fuel settings got messed up, i compared the base tune you sent vs what i had after logging it. somehow that got changed. so i fixed that and got it running again. Now it idles much higher than before, but AFR is better than before. The first log i was getting smoked out of my garage lol. Tried adjusting the set screw down, got it down to where it was oscilating, then went up just to keep it idling because it was wanting to die if i went any lower. Hopefully these logs help.

Attachments

• jtoepper93 rev 1.0.0 idle log.mlg
    376 KB · Views: 58
So after some adjusting and learning the software more. I opened the log on megalog viewer and used the VE analyzer twice on two seperate logs and accepted the changes to the ve table, alittle lean still, idles about 1300 right now. Ive been saving each tune before i make any changes so that i can go back if i make a change the car doesnt like. Sorry for all the posts, just trying to learn and get the car dialed in.

Attachments

• jtoepper93 rev 1.0.2 idle log.mlg
    340.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Jtoepper93.rev.1.0.2.msq
    116.5 KB · Views: 67