• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

Tweecer ECT problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dagz
  • Start date Start date Sep 21, 2009

Dagz

New Member
Dec 2, 2005
173
0
0
Quesnel Canada
Sep 21, 2009
#1
  • Sep 21, 2009
  • #1
Been playing around with the tweecer but I have been having problems with my ECT when data logging. I did an ACT relocation to the lower intake for starters and now when I datalog the ECT and the ACT are always the exact same temp. Does this make sense? The car is running rich right now. Not only that the ect does not continuosly rise while car is warming up. I have to stop data logging and start again to make the temp change.

I checked the sensor for reistance and it seems to read however I guess it could still be screwed. Does the ect fault to the act temp??
Any suggestions
 

Dagz

New Member
Dec 2, 2005
173
0
0
Quesnel Canada
Sep 24, 2009
#2
  • Sep 24, 2009
  • #2
Alright still having problems. Disconnected the ACT and plugged in a new sensor that was sitting in atmospheric temperature. It read 60* f on my datalog but so did the ect. I warmed the car up and the ect still wouldn't move. Neither value would move. So I took a new ect sensor and with the car off key on datalogging I warmed up the ect sensor (new one) and the ect still would not move.

Also I have been having problems with my fuel trim. Seems to stay on 1.00 in closed loop now. It was working a few days ago before I had this problem. This is getting frustrating. Anyone have any suggestions.

I am thinking that it is either a wiring or software problem now. It would be nice to fix this I want to drive my car before the snow flies.

I cleaned the j3 port well with a razor and some contact cleaner. Anyone had wierd problems like this if it is not 100% clean. I'm kinda lost.
 

final5-0

Mustang Master
Apr 6, 2003
6,817
12
79
DFW Texas
Sep 24, 2009
#3
  • Sep 24, 2009
  • #3
There used to be an issue with Cal Con and Cbaza

You could dlog act OR ect but N O T both



Ya might see
if you can get error free readings if only dlogging one at a time

Grady
 

Dagz

New Member
Dec 2, 2005
173
0
0
Quesnel Canada
Sep 25, 2009
#4
  • Sep 25, 2009
  • #4
You the man grady

I got a maf transfer now too that is from the same model and calb. of my maf. Should be close enough to start out. I am going to wire my wide band in and see what happens this weekend. i let you know how it goes.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

G
1991 GT 5.0 running hot
  • gvanginkel403
  • Jul 1, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
237
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 2, 2026
General karthief
M
93 5.0 Microsquirt with Stage 3 trickflow tuning issues
  • marxpreston11
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • Digital Self-tuning Forum
  • 2 3 4
Replies
68
Views
2K
Digital Self-tuning Forum Sep 16, 2026
Qtrhrse23
R
Microsquirt tune for stroked 351W in a foxbody
  • roldy
  • Jul 26, 2026
  • Digital Self-tuning Forum
Replies
6
Views
239
Digital Self-tuning Forum Aug 11, 2026
roldy
R
S
Fuel ‘88 GT Runs Rich Cold — Fixes Itself When I Unplug Sensors (ECT, MAF, O2, etc.)
  • Sufarry
  • Nov 6, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
12
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Nov 9, 2025
Mustang5L5
X
Free VE Table Corrections — Drop Your MSQ and a Datalog, I'll Do the Rest
  • X-cam34
  • Apr 12, 2026
  • Digital Self-tuning Forum
  • 2 3
Replies
49
Views
2K
Digital Self-tuning Forum Aug 26, 2026
X-cam34
X
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?