Two Heater hose ?'s: EGR and Heater core

HighMileageVert

Feb 3, 2004
The two coolant lines hooked up to my EGR spacer seem to be about 1/4" heater hose, but I can't find that anywhere (my rear one cracked and left a nice white residue over the entire rear of my engine)! Do I have the size mixed up, or will 1/4" fuel line suffice? Seems questionable given the temperature...

Also, for the lines running to the heater core pipes on the firewall, are they both 1/2"? Looking from the front of the engine toward the rear, does the left one attach to the top hard coolant line? Just trying to get my facts straight before I replace the darn things. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

HighMileageVert said:
The two coolant lines hooked up to my EGR spacer seem to be about 1/4" heater hose, but I can't find that anywhere (my rear one cracked and left a nice white residue over the entire rear of my engine)! Do I have the size mixed up, or will 1/4" fuel line suffice? Seems questionable given the temperature...

Also, for the lines running to the heater core pipes on the firewall, are they both 1/2"? Looking from the front of the engine toward the rear, does the left one attach to the top hard coolant line? Just trying to get my facts straight before I replace the darn things. Thanks!

They should sell pre-molded replacement lines at your local part store. The hoses are not the same diameter, one is slightly bigger than the other, at least mine are.

FRPP sells a silicone kit for $99 that looks pretty good, and includes all new hoses. If you have the money, they're worth it.

HighMileageVert said:

Yes, 1/4" fuel line will work fine. That's what I used on mine. :nice: