Two Suspension questions, need help!

FastGT94

Nov 20, 2003
NW Burbs, IL
Greetings.

I recently installed my LCA's (Megabyte Jr's) and in order to make up for the car leaning a bit to the right (battery reloc), I put in the spring spacers included with the LCA's.

My question is, could I have possibly put them on the wrong side? My theory was that by putting the spacers on the "low" side, that the ride height on that side should be increased. Is this the right theory?

Also, I noticed that if I corner relatively hard and sharp to the left with these LCA's that the drivers rear tire will loose traction with minimal acceleration and feels like it almost leaves the ground. Is this a normal thing with this type of LCA?

The full setup is MegaByte Jr LCA's, Steeda double adj uppers (set to stock length) and Eibach Drag Launch springs (no airbag).

I also have spherical bearings in the housing ears but all other bushings are poly.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Also, if it helps diagnose the problem, I definitely had to use some effort to get the bolt holes line up on the control arms, I don't know if that could have something to do with it or not.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

your battery relocation should not make the car lean at all man. did you install the springs the right way? the end of the coil should be at the 6 o clock position facing the driver's side of the car. if installed improperly rotated, it will effect ride height.

i wouldn't suggest using spring spacers unevenly on different sides of the car... seems like a bandaid solution to your real problem