Typhoon intake?

mob

the guy who hits on his mom
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
Hey guys ive been looking around for a cheap good power gain. I just need like 3 or 4 more mph in the 1/4 to get in the 12's. Ive been searching but couldnt find anything for 5.0's are the typhoon intakes good? Are they worth it? Blue oval has it for 280. I heard it will work pretty good up top with my bcam, better then a cobra intake would. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I love mine, although I'm taking it off in favor of a ported Cobra. Doing that for looks and low-end response - not overall performance.

hmm yea thanks, Ive been reading around and i guess its better to get the heads then match the intake too it, but i cant afford heads. I guess my question is new cobra intake or new typhoon intake? Or should I talk to tmoss on porting my stock lower? I just need to know whitch will give the best gain for 2-4mph in the 1/4 mile, thanks.

With stock heads, I thought the Typhoon was too much intake. I felt a lot of low-end tq loss, once I got to higher rpms my car would pull very hard. I kept it because I knew I would be getting aftermarket heads.

yea heads will definatly be in the future, I just dont know how long in the future, i want to run 12's before the heads. All i need is about 2mph from an intake

He's saying get a pair of GT40 heads, and match them to a stock lower ported by TMoss.

The runners on a stock intake are shaped differently than the Typhoon, so that wouldn't work easily at all :crazy:

typhoon should help you some. But after that, the stock heads will be choking your engine bad....

i have heard lots of good stories on the typhoon, good price and the little clean-up with a diegrinder is easy as pie. BAM u got a eddy performer for half the price.

then after that some heads are next i would say, some gt-40s would work great. or talk to thumper about ported e7s.

I found a good deal on some thumpers and one of my stock lowers is with tmoss right now. I am going the ported stock route, tmoss lower, i will gasket match the upper and thumper e7s along with a b-cam advanced 4degress.... hopefully it will be strong and have a more street-friendly powerband, wont be some highrevving monster. wont have to get the revs up to make power...