Typhoon intake?

mob

the guy who hits on his mom
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
Hey guys ive been looking around for a cheap good power gain. I just need like 3 or 4 more mph in the 1/4 to get in the 12's. Ive been searching but couldnt find anything for 5.0's are the typhoon intakes good? Are they worth it? Blue oval has it for 280. I heard it will work pretty good up top with my bcam, better then a cobra intake would. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

I love mine, although I'm taking it off in favor of a ported Cobra. Doing that for looks and low-end response - not overall performance.

hmm yea thanks, Ive been reading around and i guess its better to get the heads then match the intake too it, but i cant afford heads. I guess my question is new cobra intake or new typhoon intake? Or should I talk to tmoss on porting my stock lower? I just need to know whitch will give the best gain for 2-4mph in the 1/4 mile, thanks.

With stock heads, I thought the Typhoon was too much intake. I felt a lot of low-end tq loss, once I got to higher rpms my car would pull very hard. I kept it because I knew I would be getting aftermarket heads.

yea heads will definatly be in the future, I just dont know how long in the future, i want to run 12's before the heads. All i need is about 2mph from an intake

He's saying get a pair of GT40 heads, and match them to a stock lower ported by TMoss.

The runners on a stock intake are shaped differently than the Typhoon, so that wouldn't work easily at all

typhoon should help you some. But after that, the stock heads will be choking your engine bad....

i have heard lots of good stories on the typhoon, good price and the little clean-up with a diegrinder is easy as pie. BAM u got a eddy performer for half the price.

then after that some heads are next i would say, some gt-40s would work great. or talk to thumper about ported e7s.

I found a good deal on some thumpers and one of my stock lowers is with tmoss right now. I am going the ported stock route, tmoss lower, i will gasket match the upper and thumper e7s along with a b-cam advanced 4degress.... hopefully it will be strong and have a more street-friendly powerband, wont be some highrevving monster. wont have to get the revs up to make power...