UFC ? AND FREE DISCUSSION

Yobi1Kanobi

Apr 9, 2003
Hey last year during the Ortiz v. Shamrock fight Dana White stood in the middle of the ring and said that after Babaloo, Chuck was supposed to fight Wanderlie Silva. Am I the only one that remembers this. What happened?

• Sponsors (?)

yea was suppose to happen. i think it was either they couldnt come to an agreement pride/ufc or maybe it was $. not sure, i just remember them calling off the fight.
chuck would have gotten murdered anyway.

btw for those that dont know. GSP is out of UFC 67 due to a knee injury. sucks :( i guess serra should be happy.

sakuwand2.gif
:D

Chuck is pretty bad ass fighter his game was on lock down for the Tito fight. Mind you that he has stoped everybody he has fought in like the 1st by KO. Just that Tito was able to stand there for 3 rounds says alot about Tito.

Chuck has to be taken down for him to lose. And right now I dont see someone with that ability. Chuck can fire punches even as he is moving backward avoiding the takedown. Unless you can think of someone that has a strike game better.

now dont get me wrong I like Chuck as a champ and dont really want him to lose but I dont exactly want to put him up against these 1 round wonder. hell I would go in there and at least last 1:00 worth of beatings for 100K. I want good fights..I do believe matches are getting better tho and we are seeing good fight cards lately....

Any other match ups you can think about?

* Also I think that the change from Pride Ring style to the Cage Octagon affect the fighters quite a bit..*

chuck hasnt really fought a good striker in awhile. put him in there with nog, shogun, wandy, and even rampage (again) and im sure chuck will have problems. id say anyone of these guys would beat chuck, but thats jmo. hopefully well see a rematch with page and chuck here soon. who knows he might beat page. ever since he fought wandy and shogun i dont think hes been the same.
cro cop is fighting as heavyweight when he comes to the ufc, but fyi he can drop to 205 easy. so that might be fun to see.
im not sure if brandon vera left the ufc, but a match up with him and tim would be nice to see. although bv looks like he could make 205 and be better there. and then we can see him fight chuck like hes been asking.
bisping looks like hes gonna do well in ufc also. theres def gonna be some good fights this year!!

Brandon Vera is kinda young as a fighter to fight at that caliber but why not. Micheal Bisping does look like he has potential.

I will tell you though if I was Travis Lutter facing The Spider Silva I think after watching him destroy franklin I might call in sick on fight night cuz that was a vicous beating.....

Tito didn't stand for 3. That fight should have ended in the 1st round. No idea why they didn't call the first round...then called it in the 3rd? The first round beating was much worse than the 3rd.

Tito got cocky and tried to exchange with chuck. Tito was hitting him and hard. But chuck must have an iron chin to go with those iron hands. I also heard a rumor chuck was fighting with a torn peck also. Guess it doesn't matter.

I was impressed with Keith Jardines performance honestly. Been awhile since I saw him fight but he seems to have improved 10 fold. Looks like he has some vicious strikes. Maybe him and Chuck should have a boxing match.

I do not think Serra or Lutter have a chance. Not knocking the ultimate fighter but why take a bunch of has-beens and never was' and let them fight each other...then fight the champ. Serra and lutter have great jui jitsu but silvia and st pierre and amazing strikers. I think they will both have the belts for a good while.

If you watch the fight again you will see that it was the amount of punches he took in the first round you....He was i a good position and working on getting into a better position a kicking up....In the 3rd round he had Chuck behind him without anyway of improving the position or protecting...If he would have started to improve his position earlier they would have let it continue.

alright i have been wanting to start watching this stuff again...i see its on spike tv thursday nights... it says unleashed is there fighting or other stuff? because i see like the end of the month on thursday it says fight night instead of unleashed???? whats the difference?

i agree with u guys and the tuf winners fighting the champs. i think lutter can do something if he gets the takedown, a big if! it does seem like a chihuahuas fighting rottweilers tho. i really dont see either winning.

as for tito he had his chance. im just wondering what he is gonna do now?! i guess he can be the gatekeeper. cuz i cant see a tito/chuck 3. i think his 1st fight back should be with babalu, since he trashed talked him.

jardine/griffin fight really shocked me. i did not see that happening. jardine/evens fight seems next, but seeing how theyre friends i doubt it.

i heard after the next tuf that bj is suppose to fight jens, but thats at 155. and i thought bj said he was staying in welterwight. :shrug:

alright i have been wanting to start watching this stuff again...i see its on spike tv thursday nights... it says unleashed is there fighting or other stuff? because i see like the end of the month on thursday it says fight night instead of unleashed???? whats the difference?

unleashed just shows old or recent fights. fight night is when they have it live for free on saturdays. but lately its been reruns. the next fight night live is jan 25th. tuf is the ultimate fighter, which is off until they start the new one. i think its suppose to be all lightweights, jen and bj being coaches.