Update on my stang

Dan P.

Founding Member
Apr 26, 2002
N.C.
Update on my stang with pics

Well I have been working on the stang over the past few months. I had the local Mustang performance shop, Custom Performance, install full length subframes. Man what a difference in the handling of the car and the over all ride. They were $270 and I say they are worth every penny. They are the ones featured in last months MM&FF. They can be added onto with cross bracing and frame rails. I just went with the frames for now. I also picked up a 4 point G-Load brace on CP's dyno day. I have not installed it but I think it will work well with the subs. Well what you have been waiting for, the pics. :nice:
Later,
Dan

314319_88_full.jpg

314319_84_full.jpg

314319_89_full.jpg

314319_91_full.jpg

314319_90_full.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I have actually been shopping for subframes, What kind are those? I was looking at the steeda Tubular Moly frames with the the added seat brace. They are supposedly "full length" as well. What all did you have to do to get those mounted? Other cars we have put subs on i had to remove the carpet and seats so it would not catch fire when welding to the floor pan. Is this an issue on the mustang? I am hoping to get some subs to take some of the creaks and squeaks out of the car but if it also improves handling i can deal with that too.

Dr.

These are a set that Custom Performance had made for their shop. I dont think that you could buy a set from a catalog or anything. They were put on by the shop and I am sure that they took out the seats and carpet to weld the subs on. But yeah they took out a lot of the squeaks and really stiffen the ride up. I am very pleased with them.

Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors with cross brace are the best for the money, and perhaps the best on the market. You can get the regular ones or the full length ones, it just depends on what you're looking for.

Just type the name in a search engine.

Car looks awesome BTW. Keep up the great work. You have inspired me, so I think I'll wash and wax my DD and put up some new pics later.

Z.