UPDATE: PI HEADSWAP & COMP CAMS 262 SWAP COMPLETE

ok, after driving the car for a couple days, the car runs well, however it sounds like a diesel engine, there are no knocking or metal contacts that i can hear, idles well and drives fine as far as i can tell. Is it normal for it to sound a little like a diesel engine? Will it go away after a bit more driving? or after a professional tune? I have driven it 200 miles already.

• Sponsors (?)

Probably has some to do with the tuning , when you install cams you basically lose efficiency at the bottom end and gain it at the top , but the trade off affects the fuel delivery requirements of the engine. If it sounds like a diesel at idle its probably way too rich at idle and could possibly be lean on top end since you are now flowing more air than before. The MAF can compensate some but its best to get it tuned. I have openings tomorrow and friday on the dyno

Is it sort of a ticking noise? Mine does the same thing. The only suggestion that made sense when I inquired is the injectors are making more noise for some reason. Never really found a good explanation but it hasn't had an effect on performance.

2002 I will PM you about the tunning.
CORAMPRAT. There is not ticking that I can hear, just that it sounds like a diesel when its idling but smooths out a bit when you get on it. The injectors are old, do you all think i should upgrade the injectors? they are the stock injectors, never replaced. With the stage 2 port and polish and cams, do you all think i should go with the next level up injectors or can the stock injectors handle it?

THanks