Updated 1979 pace car pics

69clark

Founding Member
Sep 25, 2002
Ravena, NY
Visit site
Well I have post pics on the other forums I am on so I figured I would share some of the update pics of the 1979 Pace Car and now that winter is over I am almost finished with all my projects and ready to roll for this season. I still have to put on the rear add on cobra bumper to match the side skirts, and a few other parts I am waiting for UPS to drop off. Let me know what you think.

new003_v2.jpg

interior008.jpg

_005_mod.jpg

_028_mod.jpg

interior015.jpg

interior018.jpg

interior022.jpg

• Sponsors(?)

Aaron

Dec 5, 2003
Buffalo, NY
LOL, yup. And before you say it, I don't collect cars, I build them, lol.

Ohhhhh man.... how to say this :(

The work you did is excellent.
The parts you used work great on the car.
There isn't anything bad I can say about the work or the parts used or how the combo turned out.

But it was a mint condition pace car for crying out loud :Damnit:

I have never used this smiley but I guess it's time to... :cry:

69clark

Founding Member
Sep 25, 2002
Ravena, NY
Visit site
Ohhhhh man.... how to say this :(

The work you did is excellent.
The parts you used work great on the car.
There isn't anything bad I can say about the work or the parts used or how the combo turned out.

But it was a mint condition pace car for crying out loud :Damnit:

I have never used this smiley but I guess it's time to... :cry:

LOL...

Mint, not quite, very good condition yes.

Aaron

Dec 5, 2003
Buffalo, NY
Ok, well the pics you took are from it's good side then...

I will try to be happy for you :(

Your Cobra looks sick as hell though :nice:

QUICK91LX

Founding Member
Dec 7, 2001
New Jersey
I LOVE this car...but it is SCREAMING for a Saleen rear valence. The sideskirts work with the front air damn but the back is naked...

Aug 11, 2008
I really dig the taillight treatment, especially with the orange boarder. I think the interior is well executed. Great work.

69clark

Founding Member
Sep 25, 2002
Ravena, NY
Visit site
I LOVE this car...but it is SCREAMING for a Saleen rear valence. The sideskirts work with the front air damn but the back is naked...

I agree. If you read my original post I am putting a cobra valance on it next weekend. It is like the saleen valances that attach below the molding but it is the 93 cobra style.

QUICK91LX

Founding Member
Dec 7, 2001
New Jersey
I agree. If you read my original post I am putting a cobra valance on it next weekend. It is like the saleen valances that attach below the molding but it is the 93 cobra style.

There were words? Oh, lookie there. Haha. Pics kinda distracted me. Carry on, then!

9 Deuce GT

Dec 10, 2003
Geneva, NY
Visit site

I felt the same way when I looked at the rear shot of the car. But you have that covered. I would think the Saleen valance would look better, but i need to see the Cobra on there first. I also think the Saleen skirts would look a little more subbtle on there, but I think the overall look is pretty cool. I think you did a good job on this car. I only hope the mods you made were reversible. I am all for modding a car the way you want it, but with a classic, I hope it can be undone when the time comes. Like not drilling holes that are unfillable, etc. I must be catching on to this late, because I missed what the car originally looked like. But I like what I see. Good job. Will I be able to see this at Carlisle this year???

BTW, please tell me you kept the factory Recaro seats!!!!!!! (if equipped)