Updated 1979 pace car pics

69clark

Founding Member
Sep 25, 2002
Ravena, NY
Well I have post pics on the other forums I am on so I figured I would share some of the update pics of the 1979 Pace Car and now that winter is over I am almost finished with all my projects and ready to roll for this season. I still have to put on the rear add on cobra bumper to match the side skirts, and a few other parts I am waiting for UPS to drop off. Let me know what you think.

new003_v2.jpg

interior008.jpg

_005_mod.jpg

_028_mod.jpg

interior015.jpg

interior018.jpg

interior022.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

LOL, yup. And before you say it, I don't collect cars, I build them, lol.

Ohhhhh man.... how to say this :(

The work you did is excellent.
The parts you used work great on the car.
There isn't anything bad I can say about the work or the parts used or how the combo turned out.

But it was a mint condition pace car for crying out loud :Damnit:

I have never used this smiley but I guess it's time to... :cry:

Ohhhhh man.... how to say this :(

The work you did is excellent.
The parts you used work great on the car.
There isn't anything bad I can say about the work or the parts used or how the combo turned out.

But it was a mint condition pace car for crying out loud :Damnit:

I have never used this smiley but I guess it's time to... :cry:

LOL...

Mint, not quite, very good condition yes.

I LOVE this car...but it is SCREAMING for a Saleen rear valence. The sideskirts work with the front air damn but the back is naked...

I felt the same way when I looked at the rear shot of the car. But you have that covered. I would think the Saleen valance would look better, but i need to see the Cobra on there first. I also think the Saleen skirts would look a little more subbtle on there, but I think the overall look is pretty cool. I think you did a good job on this car. I only hope the mods you made were reversible. I am all for modding a car the way you want it, but with a classic, I hope it can be undone when the time comes. Like not drilling holes that are unfillable, etc. I must be catching on to this late, because I missed what the car originally looked like. But I like what I see. Good job. Will I be able to see this at Carlisle this year???

BTW, please tell me you kept the factory Recaro seats!!!!!!! (if equipped)