upgrade question tuner and intake

gearhead06

Oct 31, 2010
just bought my 2008 mustang gt 4.6 V8 and I love it, now to start with the upgrades I ordered exhaust and ran into to a dead end on a air intake and tuner, I want to buy a package deal but I dont know of any repeatable sites to buy from, any ideas on a good buy and a good package deal from a good site? I was looking at the C&L Racer with a SCT Xcal or something in that area...

thanks allot
jason upgrade question tuner

• Sponsors (?)

ok than I think I'm going to go with the JLT Cold Air Intake and SCT Tuner combo kit from American Muscle that includes Free Bama Tunes for Life anyone have this kit threw them? are they easy to work with for tunes and ext...

ok than I think I'm going to go with the JLT Cold Air Intake and SCT Tuner combo kit from American Muscle that includes Free Bama Tunes for Life anyone have this kit threw them? are they easy to work with for tunes and ext...

I have the C&L Racer CAI and the SCT/SF3, I bought them from American Muscle, I have the free tunes for life, I have had to call Bama to update my 93 race tune several times, and normally I will get the updated tunes emailed to me within the hour (for simple updates) more detailed updates normally take no longer than 24 hours, the longest I have ever had to wait was 48 hours but that was only one time.

I normally deal with Daniel Menna or Chris Rose, two very good tuners :nice:

So yeah, they are very easy to deal with, I highly recommend them.

The 93 Race tune and the C&L CAI were the first two real mods I did to my car, and they made an ordinary auto tranny GT into a tire chirping 2nd, 3rd and fourth gear monster :nice:

Best of luck, let us know what you decide to do :)

BTW, I'd get the SCT/SF3 rather than the X3, the X3 only has canned tunes preloaded, the SF3 you can have custom tunes preloaded as well as the canned tunes, and they are the same price!!